United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know they don't make a penny from the Clinton Foundation, right? You see, unlike Trump, Hillary released her tax returns, and all her income is accounted for.

Fact-checking the Clinton Foundation controversy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it is unclear whether that meeting ever took place,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Guys! Guys! This time there's a real wolf! Really!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
You do know they don't make a penny from the Clinton Foundation, right? You see, unlike Trump, Hillary released her tax returns, and all her income is accounted for.

Does all the money she made from her very bad speeches go into the Clinton Foundation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
cbazler wrote:

Does all the money she made from her very bad speeches go into the Clinton Foundation?

Huh? You do know that Trump makes 6x what Hillary makes for his very bad speeches. But for some reason, I don't see any conservatives accusing him of corruption.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-makes-a-lot-of-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
cbazler wrote:

So you are against capitalism and the free market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Huh? You do know that Trump makes 6x what Hillary makes for his very bad speeches. But for some reason, I don't see any conservatives accusing him of corruption.

Well... Trump himself has been pretty open about participating in corruption from the corruptor side. But trust him, he's going to clean all that up when he's on the corruptee side of the transaction.

cbazler wrote:

(Ad on that page: "Smiling while running can improve your speed" - yeah, because people will be chasing you, because the only plausible reason to be smiling is if you're a terrible person making a clean getaway from the scene of your most recent crime.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
bill clinton will be the most corrupt first gentleman in history
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
single sentences wrote:

Also the shortest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speeches, yeah that's the ticket !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those issues where ignorant critics over blow it, but there is a nugget of shadiness that is concerning. It's not whether the Clinton's get financial benefit from these "donations", that is a red herring, it is that these donations, regardless of how beneficial they are, allowed some people to leap frog over other people in getting access to Government services (in one form or another). That is what should be the focus of these criticisms. This open ended crap that is written to make people "read between the lines" and insert their own perceived wrong doings just generates a lot of non-factual angst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
Speeches, yeah that's the ticket !

you can also become morally bankrupt in politics by killing 150k+ civilians with atomic bombs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Also the shortest.

and tallest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
windsagio wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Also the shortest.

and tallest.

and sexiest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
windsagio wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Also the shortest.

and tallest.

and sexiest

And the most devoted to the worship of Cthulhu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
This is one of those issues where ignorant critics over blow it, but there is a nugget of shadiness that is concerning. It's not whether the Clinton's get financial benefit from these "donations", that is a red herring, it is that these donations, regardless of how beneficial they are, allowed some people to leap frog over other people in getting access to Government services (in one form or another).

It amuses me that the very people who endlessly yammer about corporate and big money influence in Washington are happy to elect a woman who shamelessly takes millions of dollars in bribes in exchange for doing the bidding of corporations and foreign countries.

You don't have any idea how development works, do you? I work at a university that spends lots of money and manpower trying to get donations for big projects: new buildings, research grants, endowed chairs, student awards, etc.

And you know how it works? Many donors want to know how their money is going to be spent. They want to hear what kind of work we do, what kinds of plans we have for our students, what kinds of new programs we're interested in.

They also want to be talked up, and thanked gratuitously, and feel big by schmoozing with all the deans and the prestigious scholars and the president of the university himself. I've had the experience of being flown to NYC, to sit at an incredibly expensive dinner in a private club, to grovel at a donor's feet to ensure a gift that was going to my department.

That's what fundraising is, whether it's by a charity organization, a non-profit school, or a political campaign. Yeah, it feels kind of sleazy, but it's how nonprofits get the funding to operate. And it has always been this way. How this is suddenly some new idea with the Clintons, whose tax returns show they have not taken a dime from their own Foundation, is strange to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
Quote:
More Clinton Foundation pay to play access schemes were revealed in the latest WikiLeaks release as well. In January 2015, Abedin blamed Clinton for actions she refused to take responsibility for in an email to Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook and Podesta. “Just to give you some context, the condition upon which the Moroccans agreed to host the meeting was her participation. If hrc was not part if it, meeting was a non-starter. CGI also wasn’t pushing for a meeting in Morocco and it wasn’t their first choice. This was HRC’s idea, our office approached the Moroccans and they 100 percent believe they are doing this at her request. The King has personally committed approx $12 million both for the endowment and to support the meeting. It will break a lot of china to back out now when we had so many opportunities to do it in the past few months. She created this mess and she knows it.”

$12 Million, eh? I'll host that meeting for half that!

Hell, I could do it for $1.5 million. Two mill, however, if they want fresh road kill for dinner.

Didn't we already hear about the Moroccans' meeting before? Always nice to have it confirmed we have the absolute two worst presidential candidates in centuries. The Republicans must be screaming behind closed downs -- Ted Cruz could have whipped Hillary with one Bible tied behind his back.

On the other hand, it's been fun watching the mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
This is one of those issues where ignorant critics over blow it, but there is a nugget of shadiness that is concerning. It's not whether the Clinton's get financial benefit from these "donations", that is a red herring, it is that these donations, regardless of how beneficial they are, allowed some people to leap frog over other people in getting access to Government services (in one form or another).

It amuses me that the very people who endlessly yammer about corporate and big money influence in Washington are happy to elect a woman who shamelessly takes millions of dollars in bribes in exchange for doing the bidding of corporations and foreign countries.

Why are almost a dozen women who accused Trump of sexual assault all deemed liars while the unvetted offerings of Wikileaks about loosely conflated communications deemed entirely credible? Why the double standard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
you can also become morally bankrupt in politics by killing 150k+ civilians with atomic bombs

Fuck that. I would commit all kinds of voter fraud if I could somehow get Harry Truman back in office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
This is one of those issues where ignorant critics over blow it, but there is a nugget of shadiness that is concerning. It's not whether the Clinton's get financial benefit from these "donations", that is a red herring, it is that these donations, regardless of how beneficial they are, allowed some people to leap frog over other people in getting access to Government services (in one form or another). That is what should be the focus of these criticisms. This open ended crap that is written to make people "read between the lines" and insert their own perceived wrong doings just generates a lot of non-factual angst.

The pay for play aspect of the Clinton Foundation thing has been pretty well debunked, the AP's absurd (and eventually retracted) initial tweet notwithstanding

Also - and this may shock some people - but very wealthy people, the type of people who are able to make big donations to a foundation, ALREADY HAVE ACCESS to the top levels of government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Fuck that. I would commit all kinds of voter fraud if I could somehow get Harry Truman back in office.

Total war is a horrific environment with choices between bad and worse evil acts.

Truman saved millions of Japanese civilian lives, almost a half a million allied troop lives and a similar number of Japanese troops.

He also prevented the complete and utter destruction of Japan infrastructure.

Firebombing cities produced similar casualties and Japan was preparing to launch anthrax attacks on the west coast.

I never feel an ounce of guilt over Truman's use of nuclear weapons in world War 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
The pay for play aspect of the Clinton Foundation thing has been pretty well debunked, . . .

And by "debunked" you mean "ignored by the left because it makes their support of Hillary to be the epitome of hypocrisy."

No, by debunked I mean there remains no shred of evidence that anybody who made donations to the Clinton Foundation has received any special consideration from the US government due to the donation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Why are almost a dozen women who accused Trump of sexual assault all deemed liars while the unvetted offerings of Wikileaks about loosely conflated communications deemed entirely credible? Why the double standard?

You're right. Perhaps Hillary & Co. could have the same team who deleted her e-mails make sure that the Wikileaks stuff is accurate.

Cute idea but, the veracity and relevance of those emails are now part of the public domain whether they have value or not. It is almost pointless for anyone from the Clinton campaign to "vet" the emails due to the inherent perception of self interest. Others will have to take up the challenge. However, the release of the questionable emails is calculated not for the ultimate accuracy but to cause sufficient distraction prior to the election.

The question remains however, why is it so easy to discount women relating their own personal experience while giving credence to massive data dumps from people behind the anonymity of a keyboard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Even a bunch of lurkers thumbed this post. It's as if they collectively sighed "give us a fucking break" in exasperation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.