Day Life
msg tools
I've decided to paint my Cogs and was looking at the photos in the gallery and see a ton of people have these awesome looking centre objects stuck in the middle of the main cog... where can I get something like this? What are they using?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/pmg?section=Tzolk%27in%3A+The...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice but, COSTLY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The temple set look amazing, but since you can't really glue them to the gears and store them easily, I find they seldom get put on. The center wheel logo was glued on and it looks amazing. I might suggest that since you can get just the the center logo without the temples, I would go with that at the very least. The sticker that came with the game for the main gear is just ugly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Ordered the center gear. Now to try to match paint shades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. I'm the designer .
Some info regarding the Tzolk'in cog models:
- The pyramids are not intended to be glued on the cogs, for obvious storage reasons (but they can be). You just throw them in the box and put them on the cogs during setup, they fit the recesses and turn along with them.
You can see it in this video at 04:50 : http://www.trictrac.tv/video/L_impression_3D_le_quoi_qu_est_...
- I've created a "flat" set too (i.e same central "face" + flat centers for the other cogs). This set does not impact storage if glued on the cogs. And it's cheaper too.
- Regarding costs, I keep them as low as possible by optimizing the design to the max, but once I've done it, they are what they are. Keep in mind these are custom pieces made-to-order on high-end professionnal 3D-printers, not mass-produced injected stuff (injection molds are extremely expensive...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you sell these ready made I assume the answer will be no, but I figured I might as well ask. Any chance of you releasing the models for non commercial use, for example under CC BY-NC 3.0?

I wield an FDM 3D printer, and it would be awesome to print these ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
magu wrote:
Since you sell these ready made I assume the answer will be no, but I figured I might as well ask. Any chance of you releasing the models for non commercial use, for example under CC BY-NC 3.0?

I wield an FDM 3D printer, and it would be awesome to print these ...

I won't share them under CC, the main reason being that my models are not designed for home machines (FDM).
In the overwhelming majority of cases, you get ugly blobs, basically useless, so it's just a waste of time and material.
However, feel free to send me a geekmail about these, and we can arrange that privately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.