Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon--this is going to get worse and worse after every expansion.

Looking for the right tile needs to addressed (FFG already adds numbers on their other tile games).

I suppose what we need is someone to make a master list that we can apply small numbers to the existing tiles.

And FFG needs to rethink this oversight.

EDIT: Some kind soul already has made a nice index.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137577/mansions-madne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm just curious because I must be missing something. The app will never ask for a tile by number, rather by name, so what use would numbering the tiles be?

It would be great if they were numbered so you could keep them in order and find the right one easy when the app asks for it, but you can't really do that, apart from alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
It would be great if they were numbered so you could keep them in order and find the right one easy when the app asks for it, but you can't really do that, apart from alphabetically.

I've not checked, but I imagine that alphabetical ordering would only work for one side of the tiles at a time. You'd need a look-up sheet to show both sides with the ordered side marked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the app SHOULD use tile numbers but FFG didn't think of putting them on the tiles.

I have both expansions and the base and it can take a WHILE to find the right tile.

With more expansions on the horizon, this is going to get worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We each have a stack. Takes next to no time to find the right tile. That said, yeah, numbers would have been easier to sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
lancemoody wrote:
C'mon--this is going to get worse and worse after every expansion.

lancemoody wrote:

It won't get worse though because each expansion will have a symbol printed on the tile, so as long as you store each symbol together, if anything it'll get easier.

The one thing I wish it would do is give you in brackets what's on the reverse of the tile. Then I only need flip through the stack once! And that could be implemented in the app without needing to change anything in the print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
I have my tiles ordered by size and try to keep face up the tiles with the same artwork. So for all the tiles in the base game, I'll keep the artwork with the mansion interior faceup and so on the backside is the street, hotels, docks, etc. Then they are ordered by expansion symbol, and finally in alphabetical order by name in the top left. This has caused an issue or two when a tile is identified by a room in not in the top left, but nothing too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking on putting the tiles in three-parted DIN A4 sleeves and gather them in a folder. You should be able to store 3 small tiles in one sleeve (or one small + one medium or just the huge Foyer from first edition in one sleeve)
Just search for "sleeves for banknotes" for examle, to finde what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
lancemoody wrote:
Yes, the app SHOULD use tile numbers but FFG didn't think of putting them on the tiles.

I have both expansions and the base and it can take a WHILE to find the right tile.

Doesn't really answer my question though. numbering the tiles now yourself won't do anything.

The app lists the expansion icon when it specifies a tiles, so just set up a pile for each expansions tiles and that keeps it easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes numbering the tiles by yourself and having an index will make it easier (for me) to find the tiles.

I had a very hard time finding the expansion icons on my (original) expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Ok, fair enough. Creating your own index sounds like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
First edition didn't have numbers so they had to use the same system to make the first edition tiles compatible. They could've used numbers on the 2nd edition tiles but I guess they wanted to keep it consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.