Popular Tags: [View All]
グース
Japan
目黒区
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In J3 for the autocatalytic roll, it says the following:

Quote:
Autocatalytic Roll. Blue organizes the first Manna (green) for her martian protolife, and gains a blue Catalyst.

I don't understand how Blue can get a blue Catalyst here. Can someone explain this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy of the game yet, but I helped write that section of the rule book.

The original listed the dice values for each roll. In this case, Blue rolled well enough to organize blue and green manna, but then lost one manna (the blue one), granting a blue catalyst, and leaving only the green manna organized.

If that is the quote, it sounds like some detail was cut from the final version.

I still have the original, so when my game arrives, I plan on recording a video demonstrating this section of the rule book, as well as commenting on the specific game mechanics.

Sorry for the confusion. That section is probably the most important to be easy to understand. Hopefully my video will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
I think the error is in the assignment phase ...

J3. TROPICAL WATERWORLD (the first Archean Card) ​For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
• Events. None.
• Assignment. Thanks to the Entropy (green Chromosome) of his Bacteria, Green can assign two Bionts. Unfortunately,
he has nowhere to assign, because his home row (ocean) has no Refugia, and the cosmic row is now inactive. But the
cosmic Refugia remain open to Blue, who still has a Biont on Mars. She decides to remain there, investing a yellow
Enzyme.

... The refugia would be open to blue if she had an organism with the cosmic row as home, but she doesn't, so the assignment of a catalyst there is not allowed. I think.

... then next turn (J4)...

Blue rolls (1, 2, 2, 3) and creates promising sugar-driven life on Mars, with one Chromosome of
every color plus a blue Biont.

After organising one manna the previous turn, she should have rolled 3 dice, not 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
グース
Japan
目黒区
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretty sure this is the state of J3 right after assignment, but before the autocatalytic roll.

PeterCard wrote:
... The refugia would be open to blue if she had an organism with the cosmic row as home, but she doesn't, so the assignment of a catalyst there is not allowed. I think.

Yeah I'm not sure, per E1. Biont Target it says:

"You can only assign Bionts and Enzymes to Refugia in the home row of one of your Organisms or in an active row."

Since a Biont is not an organism and the cosmic landform is inactive this would seem to be the case.

Also the rules state in a 2 player game that one refugium per landform should be removed (C. Setup step 5) so I don't think Mars Paleo-Ocean could have come out in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I had missed that one too. I had assumed that all the refugia in a biont's home row were open to that player. But indeed, the rules only mention an organism's home row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.