Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ingram
United Kingdom
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone know how to source this title? It was sold out "for that day" at Essen when I was there and the Yemaia website appears to have gone without updates for several years. Have tried Asterion, Marabunta, Asmodee but no sign. Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Decker
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the same problem. It seems that this expansion is just a rumour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually NONE of the stores in EU have gotten listing for this for distribution in EU. No idea what is happening. This is why it doesn't even show up for pre-order in any store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

let me give you an official update

I am the guy who unfortunately had to bounce back many gamers @ Essen from day 2 on. Hyperborea L&S initial print run was very small, and we brought just a few hundred copies to Essen.

We did not expect the game to sell so fast or believe me we would have brought more

The rest of the initial print run will be distributed, in Italy only by Asterion Press / Asmodee Italy.

There are no plans at the moment for a wider distribution. I'll make sure to update everyone (via the bgg forum) if the plans change.

We make games so they can be played by as many people as possible, and we are gamers ourselves, we understand the pain or rushing to a booth and not finding the game you want (happened to me a couple times at this Essen too!).

It was bad planning on our part, and I really hope everyone who wants a copy of the expansion will be able to get it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What!? It won't be available anywhere outside Italy?

This is horrible. How can anyone not in Italy get this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Esteban
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
Need a Sloth?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little thumb down and a sad face. I only hope that online shops in Italy are not going to sell this game too expensive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I know the expansion contains rules in multiple languages, the rest of the expansion is language independent, correct?

Really hoping the sales from Italy to the rest of the world aren't excessively pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that's a hard one. This was one of my most anticipated expansions this year. I don't know why it was translated to English, but I'm thankful. Worst case I can proxy something...but man, guys.

Did I say I love the game and plan to continue playing it for years to come?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Why make an expansion but not give all your fans access to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul-Henri SEVE
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very strange indeed. the initial game sold pretty well, so why print so few expansions when you could tell there would be so much players wanting to buy it ? I believe they just learned they made a mistake and will print much more : this is easy money ! ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Opromolla
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oh man, that's heartbreaking, Hyperborea is one of my favourite games and this expansion was the thing I was looking the most from Essen... cry Hope sales go well enough so you can make it world-wide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the base game did very well, sales wise, so I'm not surprised, but I am sad. I would love to have this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just adding my voice to those wanting to see wider distribution. At least distribute it in the rest of Europe so we can buy from European stores that offer shipping to the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mcleish
Scotland
Cumnock
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyperborea is a very popular game with my group and was looking forward to getting the expansion for it, please print more and distribute,would love to get the expansion in uk,but would pay the postage from Italy if it's only available there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big fan of Hyperborea and was keen as for this, would love an Aussie distribution but will settle for an English language version shipped at enormous expense from Italy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:
Big fan of Hyperborea and was keen as for this, would love an Aussie distribution but will settle for an English language version shipped at enormous expense from Italy...

Same here.

But the problem is that Italian e-stores don't tend to show up as shipping widely to EU. German and French ones are very common, but none that I know of in Italy. Amazon is an option, but it doesn't have a pre-order listing for this item either.

Is there anyone who knows any online store in Italy that will make this available for purchase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid Lisicki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a real bummer. I just don't really get it - why anyone decided to limit the title to Italy exclusively? Wouldn't it hit the sales even more?
I was anticipating this expansion since I've got the first info about it (we love the base game in my gaming group) and unfortunately my friend that was at Spiel was late to get a copy. It's just a really sad news for the fans outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someday I can find this expansion on CoolStuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michela & Dario Basile
Italy
Firenze
Firenze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:

That's precisely the point. There are many boardgames online stores in Italy, and many more "friendly local shops" who will be more than happy to ship internationally, but the shipping cost from here is simply crazy - big limitation for international commerce.

That said, "Lucca Comics & Games", for sure the most famous gaming fair in Italy is going to begin - you can expect H:L&S to appear on Italian online stores just after Halloween.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just want to throw in my support for SOME kind of reasonable access to this in the USA.

One of my favorite games AND one of my wife's (non-gamer) favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another huge fan of Hyperborea here.

I know you get a distorted view of popularity/sales from the Hyperborea forum, but - if there was any way to sell the expansion copies from an English language store that ships internationally to Europe/the US - this would help us fans a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michela & Dario Basile
Italy
Firenze
Firenze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bvttero wrote:
That said, "Lucca Comics & Games", for sure the most famous gaming fair in Italy is going to begin - you can expect H:L&S to appear on Italian online stores just after Halloween.

Errata corrige: no trace of Hyperborea expansion in Lucca - the game has a strong user base here in Italy, and its absence was noticed by many. We can just wait for someone to give us an "official" explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just crazy they didn't make enough boxes. A lot of people would like the expansion. If they are scared that it will not sell why not KS it? So they will be sure of there money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smethurst
United Kingdom
Manchester
Cheshire, England
flag msg tools
Another UK fan who is now really gutted I didnt make it to Essen this year.
This would have been top of my shopping list.
Great game, and the expansion needs better distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slick! wrote:
I didnt make it to Essen this year.
Well, I've been to Essen, but I didn't consider it a high priority. If I had known it wouldn't be widely available after Essen, I'd definitely picked up the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.