DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Marvel Mini Expansion: Power Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Inspired by the original custom ideas of Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av) and others in the variant section who have put their creative talents to use making custom cards. I decided to add-on to the Marvel Universe with character specific theme mini expansions instead of trying to make big boxed sets.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Not to be sold. All art work and characters belong to Marvel comics and the respective creators.

Today's mini expansion takes us back to the obscure, Power Pack.

Power Pack Oversized card's artwork is from FF (Future Foundation) #15 Variant cover. Since they operate as a team their Hero card represents everyone on the team. Their team card is designed to bring in the Future Foundation and/or Friday (their intelligent spaceship) into play.

Franklin and Valerie Richards are designed to show their world altering abilities. Franklin can add cards to the Line-Up or reorders to the top of the main deck. This represents his ability to alter reality and see the future. Valerie, being one of the smartest minds in the Marvel U, builds technology nobody else can conceive of. Thus, she uses abilities off the top of the main deck. Both Franklin and Valerie's cost reflect their abilities. Since both characters appear in major storylines, they get their own cards.

Future Foundation is a "think tank" that uses super science adventurs to peacefully solve the worlds problems by voiding the attack text on a card being played.

The Powers kids aren't really represented by individual Hero cards but by their powers. Since their powers have been transferred between them its hard to make their powers just for that individual Hero. Julie's Super Sonic Speed is the repictured and slightly reworded Super Power created by Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av).

Snarks and their "arch-nemesis", Boogie Man, have the AMBUSH attack that captures the lowest cost cards in the Line-Up or in each player's. When you buy their individual cards, you also get whatever Hero underneath of them. I think this is a unique mechanic that can work for other races that use capturing as a strategy, like the Skrulls.

The more I make these sets the more I understand card synergy and costing and better wording. I have gone back and reworded and repowered some of my early mini expansions I will be reposting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.