Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Foy
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
In rtl do the minions and masters engage and attack familiars as if they were heros, if they are top priority, or do they alwyas ignore them?

For example if the undead familiar is the closest figure to the attacking minion when intructed to engage and attack closest hero.

I just have the base game so this is in refrence to the undead familiar.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David,

This is outlined in the Road To Legend Rules, Appendix II:
Quote:
Figures treated as heroes, such as familiars, follow the same rules as a normal game of Descent, with the following additions.

Familiars treated as figures are not affected by quest rules or perils. When a monster is instructed to target a hero, tokens that can be targeted by attacks and figures treated as heroes are included as possible targets. For the purpose of targeting, if a familiar or attackable token does not have the statistic the monster is targeting, that familiar or token is considered to have a value of 0 for the corresponding statistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foy
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, I know that I saw a rule somewhere when I first went over the rules but couldn't find it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how does it work with the geomancer's stones?

It seems that monsters never attack them and last game we had the situation where a big monster couldn't reach a hero but was adjacent to a stone.RaW would have probably said that the monster would just do nothing in his turn (wasn't able to execute any action), so we let him attack the stone instead.

Did we play this correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Johannes,

Why would the monsters never attack them? The rule I quoted above states "...tokens that can be targeted by attacks...are included as possible targets". So if there is a Summoned Stone in the vicinity of a monster, and it is a valid target per the attack condition of the monster, I see no reason why the monster wouldn't attack it during its activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
Hi Johannes,

Why would the monsters never attack them? The rule I quoted above states "...tokens that can be targeted by attacks...are included as possible targets". So if there is a Summoned Stone in the vicinity of a monster, and it is a valid target per the attack condition of the monster, I see no reason why the monster wouldn't attack it during its activation.

Thx for your clarification!

I somehow must've missed that, as I was skimming through the text and was looking for the term obstacle and didn't find it.

So effectivly in the commands, "hero" just means "target". Makes me wonder why they go with the term hero, as it's kind of misleading if you are accustomed to the classic playstyle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. The app could definitely be clearer when it comes to rule enforcement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.