GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,924 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rotating 90 degrees question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
When rotating 90 degrees do you rotate clockwise or counter clock wise? or either?

All of the examples I've seen most people tend to rotate their mech clockwise and that is how we have been playing.

I didn't see any thing specifying this in the directions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agoobwa wrote:
When rotating 90 degrees do you rotate clockwise or counter clock wise? or either?

All of the examples I've seen most people tend to rotate their mech clockwise and that is how we have been playing.

You can choose which direction you want to turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
runtsta wrote:
Agoobwa wrote:

Does it state this anywhere in the instructions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes on the card itself. It says you can turn 90degrees. Nowhere does it say clockwise or counterclockwise. No ambiguous way to interpret this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spukky wrote:
Yes on the card itself. It says you can turn 90degrees. Nowhere does it say clockwise or counterclockwise. No ambiguous way to interpret this.

Except on the card graphic the rotate arrow is going clockwise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it pretty obviously means turn either direction 90 degrees but let's see if
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
can provide an official response to put this thread to rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they were only going to allow turning in a specific direction, surely that would be stated somewhere in the rules. As you yourself stated Agobwa, it is not.

The only conclusion you can logically draw is that there is no restriction to a single direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agoobwa wrote:
runtsta wrote:
Agoobwa wrote:

Does it state this anywhere in the instructions?

In the rules reference on page 3, bottom right:

Quote:
Turn Commands

Turn Commands turn the Mech without moving it. A 1-Power Turn (a single card) will turn the Mech to face either its right or left. A 2-Power Turn will allow the mech to turn to either side or to turn around completely. A 3-Power Turn will allow the player to choose to turn a full 360 degrees and end up facing the way it started. Some turns will also deal Damage. You MUST execute a Turn Command, you may not forego them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:

Good find. I felt it must be in there somewhere, but I only tried to look it up under "Turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Zakoholic wrote:

Good find. I felt it must be in there somewhere, but I only tried to look it up under "Turn".

Thanks, it helped that we played our first session yesterday and I was pretty sure that I'd read somewhere that you could choose which direction.

I didn't have it handy when I checked yesterday but I looked at "Rumble's Pro Tips: Command Cards" (the player aid) and it's stated there explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.