Concordia» Forums » Variants

Subject: maps modifications for 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleś K.
Belarus
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, dear Concordia fans! Has anyone tried to modify maps by making unaccessible some of the provinces of a pariticular map to make a 2p game more tight or to make a 3 or more players map playable for 2? Like, for example, excluding Corsica and Sicila in Italia or Hispania, Mavretania, Lybia, Aegiptus in Imperium? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of players on a map is only a recommendation. We have had no problems playing 2P games on the larger maps. It's can be a little less interactive, but only if you choose to make it so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleś K.
Belarus
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, Ben, for your answer. I totally understand what you mean, but it is not without a reason that some maps are meant by the designer to be used by more than 2 players. The thing is I'm not just looking for a possibility to play, but for some level of intensity, conflict. I'm willing to make my games more competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always buy one of the maps that is more suited for smaller player counts (Britannia or Corsica).

If that doesn't work for you, then try your variant. It is your game - do whatever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems worth trying as an experiment. The decision of which province(s) you remove would also affect the relative importance of land and water settlers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The Brittania map does not use the "A" city tiles at all. So you could easily convert the original Italia map into something tight for 2 players by dropping off one or two provinces in the "A" areas.

Brittania is perfect for 3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.