Popular Tags: [View All]
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation:

I start in position 1. Speed Card tells me to move forward 1-2 spaces. I choose to move 2 spaces.

Position 1: Mech , Oil , Oil , - , -

I move one space and step on the oil slick. This takes me all the way to the other side of the oil slick.

Now, here's the question:

1) Do the spaces moved by sliding on the oil slick count as spaces I was required to move by command (2 spaces, see above), meaning I end my move in position 2?

Position 2: - , Oil , Oil , Mech , -

Or

2) Do I keep going after sliding (technically ignoring the oil slick for the count) until I reach position 3?

Position 3: - , Oil , Oil , - , Mech

Thanks.

PS: Great game. Lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Yorga
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, it's the second option: you take 1 step of your two movement spaces; slide through the oil to the other side; then continue and take your second step of movement.

PS: I know right! Played the tutorial and Mission yesterday with my kids and it was brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any more questions or doubts about towing, then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1MTWIOlNM&index=2&list=WL

Might be of use. The section 5:36 — 7:09 is about towing and the final example Rodney touches on covers the issue raised in your question.

The youtube as a whole explains the rules introduced with the first mission (which is when towing is introduced).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RamMegiddo wrote:
If you have any more questions or doubts about towing, then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1MTWIOlNM&index=2&list=WL

Might be of use. The section 5:36 — 7:09 is about towing and the final example Rodney touches on covers the issue raised in your question.

The youtube as a whole explains the rules introduced with the first mission (which is when towing is introduced).

I never had any questions about towing, but thanks anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
livio wrote:
RamMegiddo wrote:

I never had any questions about towing, but thanks anyway

"If you have any more questions or doubts about towing"
Looked to me like he understood you... but was throwing out that the link also helps with towing. No need to be snarky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandizzle wrote:
No need to be snarky.

You are right. Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.