Subject: Additional Roles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Krämer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

first of all, i really like Secret Hitler. I think the selection of the policies is great and more elegant than avalon for example. (This shouldn't be a discussion between avalon and secret hitler. I just wanted to state why i like secret hitler)
The one thing for me that is better in Avalon are the additional roles.
I would like to see some of them in secret Hitler.

So i thought of some possibilities and would like to hear your oppinion:

1. Stauffenberg - Liberal
Knows all the fascists, but the liberals lose when he is shot (much like Merlin)

2. Hitler double - Liberal
Lifts the thumbs with Hitler. (Also like in Avalon)

3. Sophie Scholl - Liberal
If she is elected Chancellor, she can reveal her card. She now can place a fascist policy on the liberal track. This can not be done to win the game with the last liberal policy and she dies right after the policy.

4. Goebbels - Fascist
If he is elected Chancellor, he can reveal his card to place both of the cards he got on the track(s). The actions of the fascist policies are not carried out and this can not be done to win the game with the last fascist policy.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explain Sophie Scholl? I can't tell if there's a typo with fascist/liberal or if I'm not understanding the benefit of a liberal playing a fascist policy who can't use the power granted to them by enacting a fascist policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What's to keep him from claiming right after he opens his eyes? In 99% of cases, the game will be solved before anyone has a chance to kill him.

2. What's to keep him from claiming right after he opens his eyes? No one will counter-claim him, except a fascist. Either you have a certain liberal, or you've narrowed down the fascist pool. Both possibilities are stronger than the chance of confusing the fascists.

3. No clue why you'd do this, or how it would work (what if she receives two liberal cards?) If this is a typo and you meant to say she places a liberal policy, again, how would this work, and why would she want to, since she already has final say of the policy anyway.

4. This could work, but I'd only add him if fascists were losing more often than winning (which is not true in my experience).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Krämer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input!

ktfod wrote:
Can you explain Sophie Scholl? I can't tell if there's a typo with fascist/liberal or if I'm not understanding the benefit of a liberal playing a fascist policy who can't use the power granted to them by enacting a fascist policy.

Sorry i ment to write the liberal track (not the loyal track)
The idea would be that you can play a fascist card like a liberal card. You effectively have one more liberal card in the deck in exchange for a liberal player.

VikingJ wrote:
1. What's to keep him from claiming right after he opens his eyes? In 99% of cases, the game will be solved before anyone has a chance to kill him.

2. What's to keep him from claiming right after he opens his eyes? No one will counter-claim him, except a fascist. Either you have a certain liberal, or you've narrowed down the fascist pool. Both possibilities are stronger than the chance of confusing the fascists.

3. No clue why you'd do this, or how it would work (what if she receives two liberal cards?) If this is a typo and you meant to say she places a liberal policy, again, how would this work, and why would she want to, since she already has final say of the policy anyway.

4. This could work, but I'd only add him if fascists were losing more often than winning (which is not true in my experience).

1. Thats a really good point, i didn't want him to play EXACTELY like merlin with the vote who to kill when the game ends. But i didn't think
this through all the way.

2. I wouldn't say it is better to claim it than to confuse the fascists. And the question would be: Is it better to know your hitler and narrow down the fascist pool (you also have one "questionable" liberal) or have full resources without knowing hitler.

3. As i wrote you could add an additional liberal card to the deck. And of course you would not use the power when you have 2 liberal cards. But lets say you have 2 fascist cards. Then you reveal your character-card, place one fascist card on the liberal-track and die afterwards. I think that could be a real boost to the liberal party.

4. Like nr3 it is a character that would boost the power in the fascist direction. I am not sure if 3 or 4 is stronger or if it would balance the game out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.