Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

There are a couple of things I'd like to clarify about the solo mode to make sure I'm playing it correctly.

- From what the rulebook says, I understand that even though solo works exactly as the 2 players coop, there are some exceptions, like having only 1 corporation card. Does that mean for example that I can have only two energy installations? Are the two corporations that I control considered as two different players in regard to any instance in the rulebook that refers to player numbers (for example, am I able to get 1 energy from RTG twice in a round or only once)?

- Not strictly solo related but: is it possible to hire a third researcher/assistant by replacing one of the two that have been previously placed on the corporation card? If yes, does the old researcher/assistant go back to the stack on the board or do you remove it from the game?

- In the rulebook this is mentioned only for the semi coop, but isn't it ok in the solo as well to end the game earlier if I manage to remove all tokens from quarters and fulfill the scenario requirements before the last cycle ends?

Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Heide
Germany
Darmstadt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have similar questions like Claudio Coppini about the Solo mode.

- how many Energy instzallations? The biggest problem is the energy if you could only build 2 energy installations.

- how much money? in the rules is written that the first player gets 2 credits, the second 3 etc. did you get 2, 4 or 5 credits in the solo mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not tried Solo, but this is answered by designer in another section, stating that each of 2 player markers you control can have 2 Energy plants ie total of 4. Go find that, I read every rules thread available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:
Not tried Solo, but this is answered by designer in another section, stating that each of 2 player markers you control can have 2 Energy plants ie total of 4. Go find that, I read every rules thread available.

You mean each of the corporation you control can have 2 energy installations, for a total of 4 in solo. Correct, the designer confirmed that in a separate thread.

Quote:
- how much money? in the rules is written that the first player gets 2 credits, the second 3 etc. did you get 2, 4 or 5 credits in the solo mode?

I've been playing solo starting with 2 credits only, as I believe the starting money refers to "players" and not "corporations". Maybe I'm wrong, but at least that makes the game a little more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.