el Bebok
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi!

This year I bought Runebound from the first print batch, where The Shadow King adventure card has no action icon (it was described in FAQ). I assume that reprints are corrected. The question is - are there any possibilities to get/buy just this corrected card from FFG?
I asked my FLGS in Poland/Europe but they said it's not their problem and said i should contact FFG directly, but does FFG consider European complaints at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
el Bebok wrote:
Hi!

This year I bought Runebound from the first print batch, where The Shadow King adventure card has no action icon (it was described in FAQ). I assume that reprints are corrected. The question is - are there any possibilities to get/buy just this corrected card from FFG?
I asked my FLGS in Poland/Europe but they said it's not their problem and said i should contact FFG directly, but does FFG consider European complaints at all?

I don't know what's FFG's policy about replacing reprinted cards, but they generally do send replacement parts to Europe. I've had a few things sent to me, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
I don't know what's FFG's policy about replacing reprinted cards, but they generally do send replacement parts to Europe. I've had a few things sent to me, at least.

About shipping to Europe: it's not a problem, as long as you have the English edition of the game (if you have the Polish edition, you should contact for replacement the company producing the game in Poland).

Generally speaking, I've never heard of anyone getting replacement cards because said cards received an errata, tho. Some major mishaps like what happened with Forbidden Alchemy are a different thing; some other major mishaps had replacement cards included in expansion boxes (some cards for Arkham Horror were replaced and included in the Dunwich Horror box; some cards for Elder Sign were replaced and included in the Unseen Forces expansion; and so on), but I don't see this happening for a missing "action" symbol.

This said, I imagine shooting them an email and ask is no harm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

About shipping to Europe: it's not a problem, as long as you have the English edition of the game (if you have the Polish edition, you should contact for replacement the company producing the game in Poland).

Generally speaking, I've never heard of anyone getting replacement cards because said cards received an errata, tho. Some major mishaps like what happened with Forbidden Alchemy are a different thing; some other major mishaps had replacement cards included in expansion boxes (some cards for Arkham Horror were replaced and included in the Dunwich Horror box; some cards for Elder Sign were replaced and included in the Unseen Forces expansion; and so on), but I don't see this happening for a missing "action" symbol.

I can confirm that. I had cards shipped to me several times from FFG / Asmodee. But it was only for major misprints (like Arkenstone in LOTR LCG missing it's whole description). When asking about errata'ed cards (so not misprinted, just fixed later), they just don't send them. It kinda sucks, but that's how it is - you have to buy the new print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
There's nothing like the sound of a child's laughter to remind you that your apartment's haunted.
badge
Freedom of Speech means that the Government can't imprison you for what you say, not that the rest of us can't tell you to shut up.
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I have the newest printing and the Shadow King card has not been corrected. I didn't get around to ordering this game until October 2nd of this year but I guess there's a possibility it is from the initial print run.

Does anyone have a corrected card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play that misprinted card with pride fellas! You supported the first printing and helped get the game off to good start. True Boardgame Geeks. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG tends to include the errata versions in expansions. I don't know if that policy persists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
el Bebok
Poland
flag msg tools
Answer from FFG:

"In keeping in line with current company standing and precedents, we offer any clarifications and/or changes to products though FAQ/Errata documentation located in the support tab of the the products subpage in question. Please refer to those documents for any modifications or clarity of interpretations of ambiguities that may arise though game play."

So no. We wont get corrected cards. EVER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
There's nothing like the sound of a child's laughter to remind you that your apartment's haunted.
badge
Freedom of Speech means that the Government can't imprison you for what you say, not that the rest of us can't tell you to shut up.
mbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Play that misprinted card with pride fellas! You supported the first printing and helped get the game off to good start. True Boardgame Geeks. thumbsup

I bought a later printing of Runebound: The Island of Dread which had 7 cards misprinted that were not misprinted in the first printing! You takes your chances...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
el Bebok wrote:
Answer from FFG:

"In keeping in line with current company standing and precedents, we offer any clarifications and/or changes to products though FAQ/Errata documentation located in the support tab of the the products subpage in question. Please refer to those documents for any modifications or clarity of interpretations of ambiguities that may arise though game play."

So no. We wont get corrected cards. EVER!

That's not what that says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Cracky wrote:

I bought a later printing of Runebound: The Island of Dread which had 7 cards misprinted that were not misprinted in the first printing! You takes your chances...

Yes, there have been several FFG games over the years that had later printings with newly introduced errors. It is rather odd, since one would not expect new errors in a straight reprint. I don't mean printing mistakes, either. These were obvious text errors existing in the FFG files sent to the printer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.