Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
After I watched the very interesting Tom Vasel Dice Tower video as well as marnoudo's review, I finally received the game last Friday.

At first glance, I was pretty much positively overwhelmed by the components. But looking more closely, there are some issues that I really found annoying:

X The minis. There's a ton of minis in this game, but many (really, many!) of them, are bent. Some bad, some not so bad. Worst bent are the black Empire starships, but at least, they lay flat on the board and are not in constant danger of falling over. I know, hot water might fix this, but I would spend a couple of hours doing this; I'd prefer playing a game instead.
Also, what was the designer of those things thinking when he designed the brown heroes? I guess giving them a base would have exceeded the current budget? Very annyoing.
X And second, with my kickstarter came the Empires: Galactic Rebellion Revenge or Redemption Expansion expansion. And the tech tiles that came with it, are smaller than the tech tiles from the base game. Quality control must have been out to lunch when the samples came in! I mean you have to shuffle and draw these tiles, and you'll know exactly when the expansion tiles will come up. Oh well.

I would have expected this from a newbie one-man-show first-timer Kickstarter company, but for Eagle/Gryphon, this is a little lame. Although to be fair, I can't find anything else in this game to rant about. The rest seems awesome enough!

Also, I don't share the artwork critique many players expressed. I find the art quite fitting for this game (although of course, I'd have preferred the Star Wars theme - but then the price would have been beyond $200 or so ...)

I'll play the game next week and totally look forward to it. Even, if my minis will fall over every second move and even if I know what tech tile will show up the next round meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer to hear about the odd-sized tech tiles. My suggestion: when refreshing the tiles, put the remaining tiles for that Epoch in the bag and draw out however many you need. You can keep the tech tiles in the bag until a player uses the warfare action, at which point you just dump out the tech tiles.

I know this doesn't excuse the publisher/manufacturer, but at least it's an easy solution to ensure a blind draw of the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed this thread. I wonder what the odds are of us getting fixed tiles eventually, maybe as a promo or something. I know empires had misprints on a few of their tiles. It would be nice to get "fixed" tiles. I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it sure affects my ocd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.