Roma
italy
flag msg tools
designer
alien frontiers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again ;-)

can I put Jester token on a player with handmaid?

Thanks

Bye

Bubbaxis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume this will clarified in the rulebook, but going just by the cards and the rules for regular Love Letter, my interpretation is that the handmaid protects against "attacks", and the jester's action isn't really an attack. So I would say that's possible, unless the rulebook or the designer says it's not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Fioravanti
Italy
Roma
italy
flag msg tools
designer
alien frontiers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same mine interpretation starting from Jester is not an attack.

Maybe we have to wait official FAQ.

Thanks

Bye

Bubbaxis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark meier
United States
brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
I assume this will clarified in the rulebook, but going just by the cards and the rules for regular Love Letter, my interpretation is that the handmaid protects against "attacks", and the jester's action isn't really an attack. So I would say that's possible, unless the rulebook or the designer says it's not

The Handmaid says until your next turn, ignore all effects from other players cards.

Giving a Jester token is a card effect - Handmaid ignores it. Nowhere does it say anything about "attacks" or what "attacks" are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Fernández Galván
Sweden
flag msg tools
meierm01 wrote:
The Handmaid says until your next turn, ignore all effects from other players cards.

Mine says "You cannot be chosen as part of the effects of other players' cards until the start of your next turn.", which makes it obvious: the Jester cannot choose you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.