Subject: A building replaced while being used. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauro Lazzara
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen City
flag msg tools
This should be a rather rare occurrence, but then, it happened during my second game (and I haven't had a third game yet).

A player had built his 5a building: that's the building that allows you to hire a worker for a 1 coin discount.
He then landed on this building and used that action to get his fourth builder: this triggered the immediate action to erect/replace a building for half the normal cost - and he decided to replace the very 5a building he was on for a "bigger" one.

Again, this must be a rare occurrence and I might not see it happen again, but a clarification won't hurt.
We assumed that the building replacement would kick in at the end of the player's turn; therefore, for the rest of that turn, he was allowed to use the other action on his 5a building (he hadn't yet), but he was not allowed to use any actions from the building that replaced it.
Was our decision correct?

Please share your opinions, or leave clarifications if entitled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it correct: Don't use the new building, but complete all actions of the replaced building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Lazzara
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen City
flag msg tools
Many thanks again for another very quick reply.

Awesome game, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.