Cry Havoc» Forums » General

Subject: Smells Funny? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Edwards
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This is going to sound like an odd question but does anyone else have a copy of Cry Havoc where all the cardboard has an odd an unpleasant smell?

It's like a very musty dirt smell or something. Hard to describe but it seems to be getting worse with time.

And no it's not me or my house or my storage area as I have many other games without this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alturis wrote:
This is going to sound like an odd question but does anyone else have a copy of Cry Havoc where all the cardboard has an odd an unpleasant smell?

It's like a very musty dirt smell or something. Hard to describe but it seems to be getting worse with time.

And no it's not me or my house or my storage area as I have many other games without this issue.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652934/game-box-smells-bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Pugh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
My fiancee remarked yesterday that it smells like vomit. I agree with her. Not sure what happened with this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
My box is exactly the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if we will get to the bottom of this one one day. My box does smell weird. It's not something I can't deal with, but it does have a light smell that is similar to manure.

I'm really curious to know where would that come from.

- Was the game shipped in a container that was previously used to ship manure?
- Did they use animal waste in the production of the box (some sort of new ecological way to make the box)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.