Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Eucker
United States
Cedar Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would like to get a confirmation to a Towing action.
From all I have read A Mech/Bomb does NOT have to start behind the Mech who is Towing it only "adjacent to" it. SO... a Mech/Bomb on the side of a Mech can be Towed by moving(sliding) behind as the Townng Mech moves forward, correct?

Also, the Mission 1 instructions states "The towed Mech is towed into the space directly behind the towing Mech" which is incorrect. The Field Guide correctly states "The towed object is towed into the space the towing Mech just left".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct about towing adjacent. The field guide has a diagram illustrating it.

If a mech uses 2 movement to tow 1 space and that space is an oil slick, the mech will slide and the towed thing will end up in the space behind the mech, NOT the space the mech left.

So you have which wording is incorrect reversed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the directly behind the towing Mech wording is incorrect if you're using Omnistomp to move to the left or the right. If you Omnistomp to the left, the bomb should end up to the right of the mech, not directly behind it. I prefer the "into the space the towing Mech just left" and to treat the oil slick movement as if it was just adding the movement necessary to pull the bomb. So I
1. Move onto the oil slick
2. Move the bomb onto the space I just left
3. Slide
4. Move the bomb into the space I just slid off of
5. Repeat steps 3&4 if sliding across more than one oil slick spaces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Mission 1 description is incorrect. The rulebook one is better. Neither of them properly describes the Oil Slick interaction. Both entries are surely going to be updated soon to match the intent, as described in the FAQ.

As for how to implement Oil Slick towing, I plan to use a simpler course of action, simply move the towing Mech, then pick up and place the Mech/Bomb it is towing into the last place the towing Mech exited. There's no real need to have the movement alternate between the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll ask here instead of making another topic.

If you used 3 move points, could you move one space to be adjacent then use the last 2 move points to tow the bomb (or a mech).

Also, if you had a move 4, would you be able to tow the bomb or mech 2 spaces?

I'd imagine yes to both of these but I just want to clarify before I take the game to the game store tonight so that I know the correct answer to tell them. This will be our first time playing it so huzzah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanruyn wrote:
I'll ask here instead of making another topic.

If you used 3 move points, could you move one space to be adjacent then use the last 2 move points to tow the bomb (or a mech).

Also, if you had a move 4, would you be able to tow the bomb or mech 2 spaces?

I'd imagine yes to both of these but I just want to clarify before I take the game to the game store tonight so that I know the correct answer to tell them. This will be our first time playing it so huzzah

Yes to both of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.