Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Phaneuf
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game good with 2 player? I read the rules, and intuitively it seems like there wouldn't be a lot of interaction as actions scarcity wouldn't be too high. Am I wrong to think that?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
While the game can be played with two players, it is much more interesting with more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conflict could be enhanced with a few changes for 2 players:

1) "Closing" some areas of the map.

2) Reducing the number of buildings and goods available.

Still little conflict in the Merchant Ships Area (don't remember the official name) though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to increase scarcity to increase competition but I think putting out just 2 trade goods and 2 buildings might increase the luck of the draw too much.

I would suggest instead still putting out four of each but decreasing the colonist spots for taking them to two. That way there is more choice in what you can choose but more limited opportunities to actually get one.

I am not sure about limiting the map. That thought occured to me as well but I wonder if the fact that there are only two people going on missions of discovery and opening up colonies might limit it enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The map is self regulating. No need to close anything.

The tradegoods could be reduced to three.

Capital Buildings are are self-regulating based on the money supply.

G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am not sure about limiting the map. That thought occured to me as well but I wonder if the fact that there are only two people going on missions of discovery and opening up colonies might limit it enough.

Quote:
The map is self regulating. No need to close anything.

Very good points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Alexander
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a couple games with two and we had a blast, no real problems. I could see lowering the trade goods to 3 but had no real issues with 4. We later played with 4 and naturally the interaction made it more fun, but we will definately play this again with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.