Captain Sonar» Forums » General

Subject: Alternate seating arangement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wookie mart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first few games of this at a convention this past weekend and I can't help but think that the seating needs to be rethought because when you get a captain who does not project their orders clearly, the job of the opposing radio operator becomes nigh impossible.

I think that an overlapping layout would be better something like this:

Eng...1st M....Capt....Radio...............
.....................Radio...Capt....1st M...Eng.

That way the radio operator is always hearing the other captain clearly.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The engineers need to sit across from each other to show one another their completed system checks after surfacing.

As for the Radio Operators sitting across from the Captains? I like that the game forces the situation of imperfect information. However, I've found that after playing several rounds with the same people that teams start to click and order becomes more prevalent. The first few rounds are always a little chaotic as everyone figures out just what they need to be doing to make the sub work perfectly.

If the Captain is not announcing their orders properly and clearly then how is their own engineer able to break a component in the correct box? They are sitting much farther away and out of line of sound than the radio operator of the other team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
wookiemart wrote:
Played my first few games of this at a convention this past weekend and I can't help but think that the seating needs to be rethought because when you get a captain who does not project their orders clearly, the job of the opposing radio operator becomes nigh impossible.

I think that an overlapping layout would be better something like this:

Eng...1st M....Capt....Radio...............
.....................Radio...Capt....1st M...Eng.

That way the radio operator is always hearing the other captain clearly.

Thoughts?

I think you might be confused? Seating is mirrored, not rotated. As such, each team is directly in front of the same role on the other team.
As such

Radio-Cpt-1stMate-Eng
Radio-Cpt-1stMate-Eng

From what you say, I think you were trying a rotated seating such as
Radio-Cpt-1stMate-Eng
Eng-1stMate-Cpt-Radio

Which would certainly make things difficult!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.