$35.00
Jonas Berg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
We had all investigators on the boat, but the only thing we were missing was agent Carver (only because we had looked at the explore token several times for the warehouse and got that it was locked and we couldn't hear anything due to the clamor of the mob, and finally given up on it).

So the dock burned down and we gota cute story on how our only means of escape was cut off... while standing on the boat... while the mob and the dock burned up. The boat was appearantly fine, because the captain refused to leave even while everything else was going up in blazes.

I wish there was a second option to get the captain to leave, like how you could choose two ways to summon him in the first place or two ways to enter the attic in Cycle of Eternity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Bixby
Germany
Ulm / Neu-Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmb
SolidRock wrote:

So the dock burned down and we gota cute story on how our only means of escape was cut off... while standing on the boat... while the mob and the dock burned up. The boat was appearantly fine, because the captain refused to leave even while everything else was going up in blazes.

Sound principles

On our second try we only had to ring the horn and I guessed it had to be in the tower. Sadly, we didn't have the keys and the mob was already heading towards the pier to make a bonfire. We knew we would never be able to run all the way to the drunk guy and then back to the tower so I thought I*d try something pretty clever and go back to the shop and radio the captain to get us the hell out. He was quite insistent on us ringing that bell and that was that. Sound principles

Man, I also wished there was another way to summon that stubborn captain. Maybe we have better luck next time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I have tried 4 times and have not won this one yet. That agent craven has a mind of his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I solo played Innsmouth twice and played with a group twice. We managed to escape on the fourth try (three of us did go insane, though). It's pretty tough.

If you want some more fun, try ringing the bell before lighting the beacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
msg tools
Re: [SPOILER] Escape from Innsmouth - ending (and minor one for Cycle of Eternity) and rising tides -- sorry
Deleted so as not to reveal spoiler info

--== wrong thread ==--

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
twelve_earth wrote:
While still new at the game (3rd session), we had 3 players on our first attempt at Escape Innsmouth.

Psstt.. That's Rising Tides .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.