Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game started out as a children's game. It was kids sleeping bed and monsters would try to wake them up by scaring them. During the progress of the game, the game just became too complicated for children and the theme was not connecting with most gamers. Parents liked the theme, but in testing admitted the game was too much for just children.

The next theme was zombies. For testing, I had pasted some Walking Dead on the cards and it works very well, but I felt the theme was used too much (and I cannot get the Walking Dead license).

The zombie theme didn't last long and I moved on to a generic fantasy theme. This had more to do with selling games and it is sort of an obvious theme for this game. I made the humans storming the castle instead of the usual trolls, orcs and gnomes. This worked, but a couple of games were released with this theme and it felt too generic for me.

Finally, I settled (thanks to an assist from Dylan Nichols) on an Alamo theme. I always wanted something different but also told a story. I love the Old West theme and I think the battle of the Alamo is a huge win for this game. The theme works perfectly. The few versus many works so well here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.