Subject: Differences between English edition and others? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any significant differences? Thinking about TS, some non-English editions got a different card or so (I think there are 6 total). I wonder if there are any differences like this for 1989?

I did try to find out information about differences in Polish version, but outside some box art / localization obvious and unimportant elements, the only thing people mentioned was retheming of the "Tienanmen Square track" into something European-themed (I am not sure exactly what they mean, since no review discusses this in detail, but at the very least they imply it is just a theme change, not mechanic).

Are there any other differences anyone is aware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Polish version had a set of family rules. I never found out what they were. I would have liked to try them out since no one in my family will play the game. I don't think there were any card changes. We never made any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The family variant is described as a friendly variant and is described on pages 5-6 of the Polish manual, available here (the TR subsections). Unfortunately, it is lengthy enough translating it would take me half an hour or more, and since I haven't event played the game, nor do I own it, forgive me for not being motivated enough to do it. I would hope another Polish speaker who is fan of the game can help you here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google Translate isn't terrible at achieving a rough translation however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The family variant is described as a friendly variant and is described on pages 5-6 of the Polish manual, available here (the TR subsections). Unfortunately, it is lengthy enough translating it would take me half an hour or more, and since I haven't event played the game, nor do I own it, forgive me for not being motivated enough to do it. I would hope another Polish speaker who is fan of the game can help you here.

Thanks for the link. I read through the card notes and they did change the Foreign Television card to Radio Free Europe, but the effects are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
1989Game wrote:
The Polish version had a set of family rules. I never found out what they were. I would have liked to try them out since no one in my family will play the game. I don't think there were any card changes. We never made any.

That's hilarious. You are the designer of the game and nobody from your family wants to play it with you. Never crossed my mind...

Guess you need to design a game with your family in mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed Sharks and Jets so my wife would play ASL with me. Didn't work. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.