7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Obama's new OT law destroys US economy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Well, that's what this guy says:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/10/22/team-obamas-new-ov...

Been on both sides of this equation. Good points and bad points to it, but on the whole, I'd rather get paid for working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, overtime should be paid. And I think further that hours over 60 per week should be paid overtime for anyone who can't hire, fire, and set salaries for employees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Interesting that the $47K ceiling is actually BELOW median income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the article writer seems to want to implement it in the most narrow-minded way, only then would it damage the salaried workers.

if their workers get set tasks, it shouldnt be too difficult to decide and apply a standard of hours needed for the tasks and use that as measurement instead of actual tracking of every minute worked.
just look at the results they achieved, if more time is needed the worker should discuss this so they can make a note of it in regards to counting overtime and get things sorted this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This guy's thought process is that being an hourly worker is "dehumanizing" and "[being] treated like a child"? I think the Leadership Institute needs to find some better quality leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Yes, overtime should be paid. And I think further that hours over 60 per week should be paid overtime for anyone who can't hire, fire, and set salaries for employees.

I think most companies have figured out ways around this law. I noticed a lot of people are leaving early, taking long lunches, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I think most companies have figured out ways around this law. I noticed a lot of people are leaving early, taking long lunches, etc.

They always do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.