Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
The preview of the Upsilon Shuttle just went up here:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/24/fanati...

This shuttle has so many shenanigans... It also has doubles of all the non-unique upgrades (including Snap Shot, which is also in HotR, but probably will be popular).

Unfortunately, they didn't spoil the dial, which will almost certainly be terrible. I wonder how terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this model will look fantastic, but the upgrades are so weird that it's honestly going to take me some time to process this. Manipulating deployment is an aspect of the design space that I haven't really considered much (HotR Han is in the same boat for me). This is super interesting though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For one it seems like it seriously helps out a bomber alpha strike. An extra 1-2 may not seem like that much but that's still a good bit of map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty excited about General Hux. Dishing out 3 focus tokens, plus a mini-Autoblaster effect sounds like a great deal for 1 stress token. Dormitz seems like the natural home, but I guess it depends on how good the dial is. Mini-swarm + support Decimator would be kinda cool too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantZilla1979 wrote:
For one it seems like it seriously helps out a bomber alpha strike. An extra 1-2 may not seem like that much but that's still a good bit of map.

And your opponent knowing you have that capability might force them to limit how quickly they move out into the play area. You may not be as eager to race your A-Wings or Z-95s out for your own alpha strike if you know they could end up nose to nose with something nasty that's essentially deploying at Range 3 from their edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
GrantZilla1979 wrote:

And your opponent knowing you have that capability might force them to limit how quickly they move out into the play area. You may not be as eager to race your A-Wings or Z-95s out for your own alpha strike if you know they could end up nose to nose with something nasty that's essentially deploying at Range 3 from their edge.

Anymore, I'm thinking about the Kanan+TLT+Recspec+Jan+AC+TJ/Biggs+R2 fortressing combo or any other target for a good alpha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
It also has doubles of all the non-unique upgrades (including Snap Shot, which is also in HotR, but probably will be popular).

What do you like so much about snap shot? It seems very situational with range 1 and 2 unmodified dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:
It also has doubles of all the non-unique upgrades (including Snap Shot, which is also in HotR, but probably will be popular).

What do you like so much about snap shot? It seems very situational with range 1 and 2 unmodified dice.

It's a whole extra attack that takes place before the opponent's ship has had a chance to take any actions, so barring any innate abilities, it's straight up your dice against his. Sure, it might be two unmodified dice, but that's more than you'd be rolling without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman Z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:

You may still attack in the attack phase.

Looks good vs ships with low agility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
I'm pretty excited about General Hux. Dishing out 3 focus tokens, plus a mini-Autoblaster effect sounds like a great deal for 1 stress token. Dormitz seems like the natural home, but I guess it depends on how good the dial is. Mini-swarm + support Decimator would be kinda cool too.

I'm looking forward to this, as well. I played a list that was a Lambda with Fleet Officer and Adv. Sensors. I then fit in 5 Tie fighters (mixed named and Academy). The Fleet Officer would dish out the 2 Focus before moving, and then do a green move. Regular Tie Fighters getting a Focus and an Evade per turn were really more impressive than I thought. Go with a few named guys to make it interesting and it's actually pretty viscous, especially with the auto-hit for those aces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.