Hide
3 Posts

Lobotomy» Forums » General

Subject: Tiles question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Badura
msg tools
Got my game in Essen at the Spiel '16 and we got to play our first session yesterday (("A day at the circus"....had much fun, great choice for a intro scenario)). 2 questions came up while unpacking and playing:

i) the tiles bent upwards at the corners while playing. Don't know if the humidity in the room was too high, but I don't think even with it should not happen so fast. Is there some way to bring them back in shape for a plain game board?

ii) Missed the unlock content extra tiles "Hospital wing". Do they come with the rest of the Add-On stuff? Other unlocked contents are already in the basic box...

((since I was a late backer, I can't comment anything on kickstarter))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XxVoynichxX wrote:

i) the tiles bent upwards at the corners while playing. Don't know if the humidity in the room was too high, but I don't think even with it should not happen so fast. Is there some way to bring them back in shape for a plain game board?))

Any difference in humidity from where the product was packed and where it's opened will result in curled corners (much more likely with cheap material too).

90% of my games curl after opening. Just get them under something heavy for a few days and hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
XxVoynichxX wrote:

i) the tiles bent upwards at the corners while playing. Don't know if the humidity in the room was too high, but I don't think even with it should not happen so fast. Is there some way to bring them back in shape for a plain game board?))

Any difference in humidity from where the product was packed and where it's opened will result in curled corners (much more likely with cheap material too).

90% of my games curl after opening. Just get them under something heavy for a few days and hope.

Exactly what happens to my stuff too. I just stuff them under a bunch of heavy books as soon as I open games now and leave them near a window or door for a few days. Keeping them flattened before letting them adjust to the humidity of my house seems to keep them unbent.

EDIT: I think the hospital wing is the extra mini tile(Same size as the centre tile) so you can add a section E & F to the board and is already in the base game but I'm not sure. I have the base game and expansion and mixed the tiles together already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.