$30.00
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
Hi all

I would like to clear out my shelves of some games and when researching pricing, it looks like these are out of print, or possibly hard to find

Pandemic (1st ed)
The Cave
Empires of the Void
Galactic Empire
Infiltration
Macao

The amazon prices are high - are these legit prices? I could use some advice on how to price these.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cathro
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would check the eBay sold items listings to see what some of these games have actually sold for not just what people are asking for them. I think you can see a history in the BGG Marketplace as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also check historical data on BGG sales at:
http://spielboy.com/

Make sure to check out the extreme prices since they tend to be for auction bundles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all relative to you and the condition of the games based on BGG's ratings.

Do you just want to make space and move them fast, or are you looking at making the highest price point possible? For every geek that finds your price acceptable, you'll find others that will want to haggle you down or complain your price is too high.

I suggest creating a soft reserve that you are willing to sell the games at, and buy it now price on each listing of what you would like the game to sell at. Then let the community bid. Also, take photos and be very clear on the condition of the game both inside and out. Also be sure to annotate any upgrades, such as sleeved cards, baggies, etc. Geeks are more apt to bid/buy if they know exactly what they are getting, or if the seller has a high rating.

You can sort games by title in the Geek Market from lowest price to highest price. Here is Pandemic for example: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/browse?objecttype=thing...

Select the Sort drop down menu to sort by price lowest to highest. You have a new copy 1st Edition going for $19 and other conditions going from $14-20. I personally would set a soft reserve for $10 and BIN for $18. But that is just me and YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
You can also check historical data on BGG sales at:
http://spielboy.com/

Make sure to check out the extreme prices since they tend to be for auction bundles.

It's been a while since my last auction, and I forgot about Spielboy. Very good pricing resource!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know, 1st ed Pandemic is worth $10 at most. It's not compatible with the newest expansions. It might be OOP, but there's no rational reason it would be worth more. If you see a seller with a high price on that edition they either don't know what they're doing or are deceiving buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the help!

After some quick research I came up with these prices
All games are Very Good / Like New and some have sleeves
Numbers below are SR/BIN

Blood Bowl Team Manager - 12/18
The Cave - 20/40
Empires of the Void - 50/75
Galactic Emperor - 15/25
Infiltration - 12/18
Pandemic (1st Ed) - 12/18
Space Hulk: Death Angel - 12/18
Macao - 50/75

If anyone has feedback on these prices, I would really really appreciate it!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ctholin wrote:

The amazon prices are high - are these legit prices? I could use some advice on how to price these.

Legit in the sense that they are prices, yes. But prices are only a representation of what people would like to get, not of anything being sold.

A better question is are these legit values. The answer to that is no, not really. They are what someone hopes someone will pay.

The much better way as previously referenced is to refer to spielboy.com and BGG's own marketplace to determine not only what prices are currently available and what prices are recently sold at.

The BGG marketplace will show you what people are currently selling it at, as well as indicate to you what it has actually sold at.

People will frequently place high prices in hopes of getting them, or try to work together to list them high so people think that's the value. But it's really not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moon Flower
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your BIN for BB:TM is a little low. I havn't seen one go for that price since before the split was announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks - wonder if the same would be true of Space Hulk as well then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mbmb
Your Macao can also be priced higher, though depending on the conditions of box and components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marlnobor wrote:
Your Macao can also be priced higher, though depending on the conditions of box and components.

Agreed, I personally would jump on Macao for $75 if it is in good condition. Though I hate to admit that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
It's yours if you want it. I'll take pics later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably charge more for Death Angel, depending on how many of the PoD expansions you have for it.\
*edit* never mind, i see amazon has some for 21 bucks */edit*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.