PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the real playing time for Snit Smashing? Not what BGG says, but how long does a game of Snit Smashing take to play in your group?

Poll
1. First Play
  less than 30m 30m to 59m 60m to 89m 90m to 119m 120m to 179m 180m or more
2 players
3 players
4 players
Other
2. Experienced Players
  less than 30m 30m to 59m 60m to 89m 90m to 119m 120m to 179m 180m or more
2 players
3 players
4 players
Other
      3 answers
Poll created by ironregime

This poll is also at the 'The real playtime - All in one' geeklist.

PS: Assume standard victory conditions (18 snits to win). Feel free to discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
There's nothing like the sound of a child's laughter to remind you that your apartment's haunted.
badge
Freedom of Speech means that the Government can't imprison you for what you say, not that the rest of us can't tell you to shut up.
mbmbmb
I played once and it took 35 minutes. Solitaire four player using dice to randomize some of the decisions.

I'm thinking the 2-player 3 hour playtime is a joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8 pm. Quick refresher of rules.
8:05, snits player rolls up stats for 4 snits. and starts Run In. Takes about a minute per turn with 4 snits.
8:15, 3 snits made it. Snits player rolls up stats for 9 more snits.
8:20, Run Out starts. Takes about 2 minutes per turn with 12 snits, but only about 7 turns to get them to the sea. 9 survive.
8:35, switch sides, 2nd player rolls up stats for 4 snits and starts Run In.
8:50, 3 snits made it. 2nd snits player rolls up stats for 9 more snits.
9:00, 2nd player's Run Out starts. 10 survive.
9:15, first complete round is over, 1st player now has 9 snits, 2nd player 10.
9:20, 1st player starts second Run In.
9:30, 6 survive, 1st player rolls up stats for 18 more snits.
9:40, Run Out starts. Takes about 3 minutes per turn to move that many snits. 20 survive.
10:05, switch sides, 2nd player starts Run In with 10 snits.
10:15, 7 survive, 2nd player rolls up stats for 21 more snits.
10:30, Run Out starts. Takes about 3 minutes per turn.
10:55, 23 survive. 2nd player wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
There's nothing like the sound of a child's laughter to remind you that your apartment's haunted.
badge
Freedom of Speech means that the Government can't imprison you for what you say, not that the rest of us can't tell you to shut up.
mbmbmb
That doesn't even sound the like the game I have, the Steve Jackson Snits! double game. What version are you playing?

After some rereading of the rules, the SJG version doesn't have you roll up stats for anything and you don't switch sides either. You each write orders for smashing or moving the Snandergrab but you all run at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the original from Dragon magazine issue 10, which lists the multiplayer rules (all run at the same time) as optional. Hmm, guess I'll have to try it with 2 players running their snits simultaneously and compare play times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you're interested in the other changes, a pdf of the rules is available at the website, there's a link here on the BGG page. It might not even be anything like the game you are used to playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I was wondering how this possibly took 3 hours. I am also only really familiar with the Snits! box set version. I didn't realize how streamlined it is from the original, but I am quite glad for it! I'll have to dig it out and play again and check how long it took. Rolling up stats for 18 snits! Yikes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.