Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Hawkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm perplexed by this quest.

Assuming I'm playing it correctly (4 rounds, drawing a new card for each living unit in each round, successful only if hero lives and both enemies die) it seems borderline impossible to complete this, right?

You can only win if

• you draw 2 damage in the first 2 rounds, and the Sorcerers draw 0 specials in the first 2 rounds.

• the Sorcerers trigger their special in the first round (exceedingly likely) and all 4 cards you draw are damage cards, AND the sorcerers don't kill you with their 6 cards.

The overwhelming majority of the time, it seems like either they will kill you, or you will not kill them. On top of that, the consequences of even attempting it are very costly.

Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only thought is that you want damage-dealing equipment on your hero or a particularly damaging hero before attempting that quest. Otherwise, your assertions seem valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Garrett. You'll want to bring in some weapons to this one. While the penalty is costly, keep in mind the reward is also VERY good - a Dragon Rune! The difficulty matches the reward, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.