$35.00
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When first adding a new tile, instead of giving the players a good view of the tile so they can start looking for it, the app puts up a modal dialog right over the art so one has to read through the dialog and all the token adds before they can find the tile.

This is bad.

And should be changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grogan
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And add an option to "undo" a decision. Even if its a "are you sure?" window. Too many times the person manning the PC clicked on the wrong button by mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It actually tells you the name of the tile so its easier to find in that description you dont like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:
It actually tells you the name of the tile so its easier to find in that description you dont like...

Yes.. was going to say the same thing. It's way easier to just read the names in the corner than search the whole image for a likeness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Although the tile names are in the description, I find myself checking the layout as well.

Also, placing wall pieces, exploration tokens, search tokens, interaction tokens, barricades etc. would be a lot easier if you had a nice overview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find by name, but I also find that that dialog can cover up where a token is supposed to go. And you can't scroll the image under the dialog to see it better. I'd prefer they add they ability to scroll the map even with the dialog up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I find by name, but I also find that that dialog can cover up where a token is supposed to go. And you can't scroll the image under the dialog to see it better. I'd prefer they add they ability to scroll the map even with the dialog up.

+1 exactly my thought. Also on the Undo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

My thoughts as well.
Definitely need to move the modal dialog from covering the new tile/tokens and if that's not possible, then allow scrolling while it's still up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'd love it if they put the actual mechanical instructions in a different color than the flavor text, that way when you hit the point of the game where you get sick of reading all of the combat fluff you can just quickly see "take 3 damage (strength negates)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I agree with the previous suggestions and would like to add one more.

I would find the encounters much easier to read if they were written in the sections such as:

You find a statue. You try to decipher its meaning (willpower, 2).

If you pass you realize its occult nature.

If you fail you are troubled by it. Suffer 1 Horror.

It would be even better if they had colored backgrounds for the the sections. This is similar to the other world encounters in Eldritch Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.