Subject: Victory Point Scoring Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bausman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The VP score for this game is keep on a score sheet. The sheet is easy to use but it has no visibility for the players on who is ahead. In our games we were often asking who was in the lead when we had a chance to hurt another player. It would be great if someone could make a VP track for this game and post it in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I helped work on Empires: Age of Discovery, which includes both a score board and a score pad. There was a lot of discussion around including one or the other, or both (which is more expensive). In both Empire games, there is a fair amount of end-game scoring, so in-game scoring is not always reflective of who is really "in the lead". While EGG ended up including a score board in Empires: Age of Discovery, it can be really deceiving to use it.

In the case of Empires: Galactic Rebellion, If player A is following a mostly planet majority control/Galactic Senate strategy and player B is planning to get most of his points from Covert Missions, economy and Techs, player A will have many more points after epochs 1 and 2 than player B. But that doesn't mean player A is "in the lead", or that he's going to win.

Since some points are scored only during the game and other points are scored only at the end of the game, this is not the type of game to really benefit from a score board, unless you just want to track how many planet+senate points each player has from previous epochs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bausman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see your point. However, it is just a LOT easier to move a token along a VP track than it is to write it down and add it up. Looking at the VP track and then the players face up pieces always gives me a good guide on who to damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.