1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cassy Stress Test rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So, this is not a game. This is just your opportunity to play around in a physics map for a couple of days.

I'll bottom line it:

A. I am going to turn on this game Wednesday AM.
B. Before then, I am going to install the Arkham Horror physics set.
C. At game start, I will allow give players a bunch of movement and let you go to town. I'll start the game at FAST speed, then slow down as needed.

This will only take as much time as is needed and doesn't require any actual werewolfing. Just playing around in physics. I guess you get to see what it looks like from inside a Physics game as well as review some of the Arkham locations. If you didn't already know them. Shrug.

Don't sign up if you don't have the time to play around with physics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
doppio
elias5891
Felice Si
GaiusJC
Jimryan1
ortho_
Skinny02
Smugvid
TFang
The_Rorab

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
/game/1659908

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://52.55.166.81/game/1659908

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
That too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
So, this is not a game. This is just your opportunity to play around in a physics map for a couple of days.

I'll bottom line it:

C. At game start, I will allow give players a bunch of movement and let you go to town. I'll start the game at FAST speed, then slow down as needed.

This will only take as much time as is needed and doesn't require any actual werewolfing. Just playing around in physics. I guess you get to see what it looks like from inside a Physics game as well as review some of the Arkham locations. If you didn't already know them. Shrug.

I'd play but in less than a week I'm on a cruise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
SamNzed wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

I'll bottom line it:

There is no 'game'. From Wednesday through Monday AM (bob, I think that'll work?), people are just fidgeting in physics. This is NOT an Arkham game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

I'll bottom line it:

There is no 'game'. From Wednesday through Monday AM (bob, I think that'll work?), people are just fidgeting in physics. This is NOT an Arkham game.

Sure I'm in, I can break anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Turning the "game" on at lunch time.

There is no lynch, there will only be requests made by me to move around the map. I'll be changing the physics times throughout the next few days and will keep you abreast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Every player has 8 movement points.
Cassy is set to run your movement immediately.
There are no items, only locations.

Tomorrow, I will change something. Dunno what yet.

Please pay enough attention to notice if there is serious lag or if Cassy is nonresponsive. Do NOT click to move and then impatiently click to move again if you have not moved until 15 minutes or more have passed.

Please ask if you have questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Ehr. Errata:

I have not added any items. Apparently some started on the board already. Pick 'em up or not as you choose. Please remember that today's emphasis is movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Addendum.

If you move into a gate or a monster-filled location, you will not be able to move any farther without direct assistance from the mod. Please say something in your mod chat, so I notice the problem in a timely manner. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Clarification.

In this version of AH, some locations were listed twice, because there were cultist-specific abilities listed. If you can see "enter X location" twice, that is not an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Update:

Monster locations have been removed. Now, the only reason I will need to get involved is if you walk into a gate.

I will reset movement points in a couple of hours, for anyone who's having fun playing. Everything looks like it's working fine, so I'll add items tonight and you can play Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
doppio
elias5891
Felice Si
GaiusJC
Jimryan1
ortho_
Skinny02
Smugvid
TFang
The_Rorab

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
/game/1659908

Sorry Cassy won't let me in. The new generated passwords don't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ryan
United States
Lee's Summit
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Addendum.

If you move into a gate or a monster-filled location, you will not be able to move any farther without direct assistance from the mod. Please say something in your mod chat, so I notice the problem in a timely manner. Thanks.

Note to self... read the thread before getting yourself stuck in a gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ryan
United States
Lee's Summit
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not noticing any lag with today's movements. I also picked up an odd item in the train station without incident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the slightest lag getting game orders to open once, but otherwise it was quite uneventful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
Moustache Envy
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I experienced no lag, but was sad that I couldn't take greek2me's body with me. He deserves better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Greek's corpse is 'heavy', in that it cannot leave the space. You may have tried picking it up before I turned on item processing; I honestly can't remember if you are supposed to be able to pick up heavy items and not move or if you just can't pick them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Whitmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems with movement here; nor (fortunately) did I discover any corpses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play around tonight when I get home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Movement limits have been reset. Items will be dropped into the map in the morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felice AKA Maria
msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Movement limits have been reset. Items will be dropped into the map in the morning.

I still have just one move left. I went back out of the game to see if it would reset but it hasn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.