Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone planning on making an insert for the base game and expansion to fit in the base game box? Right now I have the tokens in bags and I'm thinking of making something to keep the tiles in place to help prevent warping.

What are other people's ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hm. Right now, the basegame and expansion do fit in the base box for me. I mean it fits really well. The card stack is like one or two cards too high, but I just put the instructions on top of them, and put the lid on the box and it fits in great.

Obviously a custom insert would be better.
I suspect you could fit the entire game in just the expansion box with a proper insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have everything in the base box as well, but I like the look of a neat game when I open the box (unrealistic, I know).

I don't know about fitting everything in the expansion box, there's too much literature that comes with both games that makes a pretty thick stack, but I haven't tried yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need a 101 course on foam core custom box inserts. I'd really like to do that for all my games, but I don't even know where you get the stuff, how to cut it, etc. Some point I'd like to dive into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their insert could win an award for worst insert ever.

Wow.

HEY HASBRO!!! IT'S 2016 AND BOARDGAME INSERTS ADVANCED!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I use a bead container and divided container for the tokens. You can see I had room for more tiles. I had to extend the card tray for the new cards. That's all I had to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent pics

Edit: I should do what Gorb did, explain what you see in each pic. First, this insert is based off others I have seen. I modified it so the game stores vertically and doesn't get jumbled when in a backpack.

This is what you see when you take the cover off. The top right pocket had only the bead container with the stat markers in it. I got rid of the coffin shaped markers and got some 3D printed ones. Luckily, the expansion tiles also fit in that pocket with the container.

Under the bead containers is the ground floor landing and number strip. Under them is a divider that keeps the cards and dice in place. On the right side you see a small lip the divider slides under so it stays in place.

After removing the books this is what you see. All the tokens are in containers. The larger container has all of the monster tokens and story specific tokens. The bead container next to it has the tokens that will show up during the exploring part of the game. Everything use to fit in the larger container. But with more tokens with the expansion I split them up to the common ones get their own container.

You can also see the character boards in place, held down with a rubber band. Next to that is a tape hinged cover in which the minis are contained. The books keep the cover closed.

Witht eh character boards you can see I adopted what other have done, put a foam core strip across the middle so when you push town on the top of the boards the bottoms pop out to make them easy to remove.

This image is after removing the containers and opening the minis compartment. For the new cards I had had to extend the card tray and make it a little taller. This is why I had to put in that lip. Otherwise the dice would get wedged between the divider and the cards. Also, to ensure the cards would not pop out of the tray I added the rubber band. The divider is on the left side, with a finger hole so it is easy to get out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorb Jutla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've made an insert for the base game + expansion, it all fits easily in to the main box. I'll post pics when I get home.

Its the first insert I've made, I may redo it but it works well. Feels like its possible to fit it in to just the expansion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorb Jutla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Here's the pics.

First is the insert with just the lid off. The top cover holds everything in place, but the floor tiles stick out so a section had to be cut out. You can just make out the entrance/foyer/stairs tile at the very bottom of the insert, below the floor tiles. It sits flush against the side wall.

Top cover removed. The top contains boxes made of black card to keep different tokens separate. The boxes are flush with the top of the insert.

Top layer inserts removed. Bottom left if a cardbord box for the game cards, sized exactly for all cards in the game. The middle bottom has a small area for the player miniatures. The top has the haunt track and all books. The tab can be pulled up to take the books out.

Books removed to reveal the player trackers underneath (in an insert which can be removed). Removing the tiles allows the bottom insert to be removed.

All in all I'm happy with it, but would prefer the trackers and dice to be more fixed. Once everything is put back, everything fits snugly, so the box can be turned sideways and upside down without anything becoming mixed up. All the tokens even remain in their respective boxes.

edit: Would have much preferred black foam core, but the white one was much cheaper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Greer

Washington
msg tools
mb
I made a foamcore insert for the base game + expansion as well (into the base box). Still have most of the components in small bags, rather than trying to make it where the pieces don't move around when the box was on it's side. I have a lot of warping with the base tiles as well as you can see.

Here's the base of the box with all of the components. The tokens tray is removable as well.

Time/haunt track and Main Entrance Hall go on top and then all of the manuals

This was my first try at foamcore inserts and was surprisingly cheap for components (1 sheet of foamcore and a bottle of tacky glue), once you already have a craft cutting board and knife. I watched the Esoteric Order of Gamers Youtube videos on foamcore to get started (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hfKaDX2P2k&t=2s). There was a lot of initial measuring and then trimming down to get it to fit.

Should have went with black foamcore, but it was like 3x more expensive at the hobby store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.