Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got to the play the game for the first time this weekend with my extended family. We played with 6-8 players (people came and went), with 2 people teams in some cases. This got more people involved and everyone enjoyed the game.

We played through the tutorial and Mission 1. Mission 1 introduced the concept of "obstacles." This led me to the rulebook looking for a definition, but there was none.

Checked the FAQ, re-read the Mission briefing. Nothing.

We wondered... are the Rune Spaces obstacles? Is the Repair Pad an obstacle? I ended up ruling no. Would really like to have seen that term defined in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. We'll update this for future print runs.

Obstacles that block ripsaws include minions, mechs, the bomb(-like power source), and the stone walls in future missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Obstacles that block ripsaws include minions, mechs, the bomb(-like power source), and the stone walls in future missions.

Well, minions don't so much block Ripsaw as just simply die from it, right? My understanding is that a level 3 Ripsaw can kill 3 minions straight ahead. It's not all blocked by the first one.

Also, I'd add that Bosses block Ripsaw as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Well, minions don't so much block Ripsaw as just simply die from it, right? My understanding is that a level 3 Ripsaw can kill 3 minions straight ahead. It's not all blocked by the first one.

Also, I'd add that Bosses block Ripsaw as well.

They block ripsaw in the sense you can't just skip the first you come across and go straight for the one behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
They block ripsaw in the sense you can't just skip the first you come across and go straight for the one behind it.

Ahh, true indeed. It's not a block in the same sense that a mech blocks it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:

Is the School also an Obstacle? We ran into this question on Mission 2 where using Ripsaw from outside the School, through the school, to kill a minion on the other side of the school could happen, but only if the School was not an Obstacle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Is the School also an Obstacle? We ran into this question on Mission 2 where using Ripsaw from outside the School, through the school, to kill a minion on the other side of the school could happen, but only if the School was not an Obstacle.

That would be completely legal to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Correct, the school is not an obstacle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Crystals considered an obstacle? i.e. in Mission 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Are Crystals considered an obstacle? i.e. in Mission 2?

If they would be, they would say so in the Mission rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.