Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 7 under "important" it says:

If you decide to battle the Guard again, you can ignore the Fire Level in the Room.

I'm not quite sure what this means. Does the fire level have any impact on battling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Your fatigue determines what Fire Level you can withstand. If you find yourself in a room with a fire level too high for your allowed level, you must deal with the fire level first before doing anything else:

Quote:
If your Pirate is in a room that has a Fire Level too high for your Fatigue Level, your next action must be to fight the fire, leave the room, or rest until your Fatigue Level is not too high.

If a guard defeats you, they will increase your fatigue. That might increase it to a level where you would otherwise not be allowed to stay in the room without doing the above actions. But when having a rematch against a guard, you can fight the guard first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, got it!
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is confusing is that if you enter a room with a guard or skeleton crew and as a result of entering your fatigue is too high for the fire level of the room, you battle first and delay dealing with the fatigue/fire-level mismatch. Why would rebattling a guard be any different? It seems unnecessary to say anything about it. So I wonder what am I not getting that they are saying that? What would have been helpful is something in the rules to the effect of ... because battling does not cost an action, you can battle before dealing with your fatigue being too high for the fire level. You next action must deal with the fatigue/fire-level mismatch but you may do anything that is not an action first. Although I'm sure it can be worded better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I think they were just pointing it out because some people might have gotten tripped up, otherwise. I've seen that in a lot of rules where stating something about a specific situation is redundant if you followed more general rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.