Zimby Mojo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
One more question... The rulebook says that zombies if defeated in combat go to the far shore only to rrlocate between portals. Do they deplete? Do they relocate immediately? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The spirits of dead zimbies reside on the far shore; zombies have no spirits. Zombies that are killed are removed from the game (although the token may be reused since other zimbies may still be zombified). Zimbies may return to their tribal board; zombies may not.

Zimbies, zombies, and thugs that relocate from one portal tile on the main board to another portal tile on the main board maintain their active or depleted state: active creatures remain active after relocation; depleted creatures (e.g., by the King's Ritual of Exhaustion) remain depleted after relocation. Similarly, creatures swapping portal tiles on the main board maintain their current active or depleted state.

Zimbies dismissed from a portal by a creature entering from outside the main board (such as a returning thug or a zimby using the portal system to enter the main board from their tribal board) return to their tribal board in their current state (i.e., active zimbies return to their tribal board in an active state and may be sent back out or depleted for mojo). Similarly, thugs are dismissed to a barracks tile. Zombies can't go home again... if a zombie is dismissed from the main board, it is killed and sent to the far shore.

Is this what you were asking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
Not exactly. I was wondering what happens with the Zombies. Do Zombies randomly relocate on a portal if they had been sent to the far shore due to for example being defeated in combat. If so, can a Zombie then claim the crown should he be relocated on a portal tile occupied by a zimby column carrying the crown? And if that is the case, can I then have my Zombie carry the crown to my tribal board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that and just edited my response -- sorry! And by the way, zombies can neither carry items nor return to their tribal boards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
Thanks again! So, killed Zombies are out of play?! I was confused by the wording in the rulebook about Zombies,
"Zombies go to the Far Shore if they leave the main board for any reason other than to relocate between portal tiles."
What does for any reason other than to relocate between portal tiles mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheepdog1 wrote:
"Zombies go to the Far Shore if they leave the main board for any reason other than to relocate between portal tiles."
What does for any reason other than to relocate between portal tiles mean?

It was a catch-all for killed in combat, killed by scroll effects, dismissed from the main board (for example, by sitting on the portal tile of a returning thug), etc. I wrote it that way for rules lawyers who would argue that for the instant of teleportation between portals, the zombie has "left the main board." Sorry for the confusion.

Really, what's going on is that when a zimby is zombified its existence becomes bound to the main board. When it is killed or dismissed from the main board, it is removed entirely from the game. The zombie token may be reused when you zombify another poor zimby, but the zombie that left play is no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
Thanks for your help!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.