Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I move to a spot with two minor secret tokens do I take one at random or do I get to look at both of them and put one back?

Thanks BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take one at random. Or just take the top one, which is functionally identical to random.

Edit: I swear I read it was random in the rules, but after looking at the rulebook in the files section here on BGG, I see nothing about it being random. Hmmmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
Take one at random. Or just take the top one, which is functionally identical to random.

Edit: I swear I read it was random in the rules, but after looking at the rulebook in the files section here on BGG, I see nothing about it being random. Hmmmmm...

Correct, but it says "Take a" without referencing look at it. For me, that means take it at random since they're already face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Spak

Cambridge
Massachusetts
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention is that you take one blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Kuchenbrod

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the book under Step 2: The Plan (move through a tunnel), all it says is "You can only take one token when you move into a room. (If the room has more than one token in it, you must exit and re-enter to pick up another)."

There's no-where in there saying you can't look at them, and I am pretty sure in one of the reviews of the game (I think the Meeple one?) they showed the first person on the space picks up both and gets to pick one, secretly putting the other back, and showing everyone the one they took. That's how we played tonight and it worked out well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I watched a review and they said the same thing so I taught the game saying you can look at both and keep one. I haven't had a chance to play with taking one at random but I imagine we will just stick with whatever one people prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monkyky
msg tools
Can I take a token in a room without stop me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
monkyky wrote:
Can I take a token in a room without stop me?

Yes, take a token and continue using the boots you have to move. You don't have to stop moving after taking a token or artifact or buying one or more things in the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monkyky
msg tools
Thank you very much for your answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.