Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 16 :

The “N2 Goods” action allows you to exchange up to 2 goods tiles for the next more valuable one. Both tiles may be of the same type.

Does it mean that I can upgrade 2 Oil tiles but I can't upgrade an Oil tile & a Fish tile with this action ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says that both tiles "may" be of the same type. That implies that they may also be of different types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lohengrin75 wrote:
On page 16 :

The “N2 Goods” action allows you to exchange up to 2 goods tiles for the next more valuable one. Both tiles may be of the same type.

Does it mean that I can upgrade 2 Oil tiles but I can't upgrade an Oil tile & a Fish tile with this action ?

No. It say "may be", not "must be". You can upgrade any two tiles, once each. So, you can upgrade an Oil and a Fish. What you can't do, is (for example) upgrade a Mead to Oil, and then update that Oil to a Runestone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx!

There is a mistake in the French rules (they say "must" be)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Pageot
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would ask a german BGG to chime in, the original rules were done in German, the mistake may be with the english translation not with the french one...It unfortunetely happen often that small but significant words get translated differently since they are done by different translator and not always a gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be the same in German as in English :

Dies darf beide Male die gleiche Warensorte sein.

So, the French translation is wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.