$20.00
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions about Morrow's special abilities:

1. Morrow can discover the room he is standing on. What happens if there is an enemy spawn symbol on the room; does the spawned enemy immediately capture Morrow?

2. Morrow can move through enemy figures. If Morrow is standing in a room with one or more enemies, can he perform actions in that room, including attacking the enemies, inspecting/unlocking gates, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chong
msg tools
My best interpretation:

1) yes morrow would be captured immediately. Guess that's a pretty risky power to use!

2) I believe you can only move through rooms with enemies, meaning the use of consecutive movements. If you perform an action other than move in a room with an enemy, you're no longer moving, meaning you are captured.

Subject to designer clarification of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pricklefish
msg tools
designer
Designer to the rescue:
1. I will quote the manual here: "Morrow may discover adjacent tiles even when standing on an undiscovered tile". So he cannot discover tiles he is standing.

2. If he has actions enough, Morrow can enter a room, do stuff in that room and get out again. He obviously can not stay in the room or he will be captured with the exception of hiding in a hatchery. As for attacking, same as above, this can only be done from adjacent rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brokkel wrote:
Designer to the rescue:
1. I will quote the manual here: "Morrow may discover adjacent tiles even when standing on an undiscovered tile". So he cannot discover tiles he is standing.

The Morrow player card says (on the uncaptured side):
Morrow's Card wrote:
Morrow may move past guards, and may also move on undiscovered tiles. Guards that start or move onto the tile that Morrow is on will capture Morrow. Morrow may discover the tile that Morrow is standing on.

The emphasized sentence doesn't appear in the rule book, as far as I can tell. Is the card in error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what Ian said, the card is in error, but it's such a risky move for most of the game that I'd let it slide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bleys
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Technically, the card is in error yes. Guess no matter how many rereads you do, something always slips in :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the replies. I actually like the character card's ability, as it provides a high-risk option if you're desperate to find a certain type of room and don't want to spend an action to move to an adjacent room first. It's like he's sneaking through a dark room, then says, "Screw it, I'm turning on the lights to see what I can do here. Minotaur...Nooooooo!" zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Varloot
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More generaly what is the rule for Morrow's movement in undiscovered areas?

1) Can he move from an undiscovered area to another one? If so can he moved this way from one ring to another?

2) When moving from a discovered area to an undiscovered one, I guess:
- if he stays in the same ring he just cannot cross walls
- if he moves to an outer ring it must be through an open gate, or can it be through a vent (and in that case must a gate to that ring already be open?)
- if he moves to an inner ring it must be through an open gate

3) When moving from an undiscovered area to a discovered one, I guess
- if he stays in the same ring he just cannot cross walls
- he cannot move to an outer ring ?
- if he moves to an inner ring it must be through an open gate or a vent (but in that case must a gate between the two rings already be open?)

No obvios in the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrow's abilities don't allow him to break the rules regarding moving between rings or using ventilation ducts. So just follow the base rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.