Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question to the designer/publisher?

Will there be a Kickstarter for the 2nd ed for the expansions? if so, when are you planning? or shall we only get access to them through retail. (is there a plan for Archfiends 2nd ed?)

BAG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jasnis wrote:

Will there be a Kickstarter for the 2nd ed for the expansions? if so, when are you planning? or shall we only get access to them through retail. (is there a plan for Archfiends 2nd ed?)

BAG

We'll almost definitely be selling copies of 2nd Ed as a level during Kickstarters for later expansions. Although, be aware that getting your copy that way means waiting for quite a while to get it.
We're going to give players a bit of time to play what they got, and to sell what we printed beyond the KS fulfillment, and then we'll be doing a Kickstarter for another expansion early next year.
Archfiends is designed to work with 2nd Ed unchanged, but like the base game I'm certainly up for sitting down and looking at how to improve it when we're almost done selling the current print run, so the next round of Archfiends printing is an entirely superior product. I have no clue when that'll be, though, because it depends largely on sales figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Archfiends is fully compatible with 1st and 2nd Edition so a new Archfiends edition is not planned. However, if next Kickstarter adds Archfiends to Eve of the Sickle Moon, I would gladly get original Archfiends with an updated rulebook. If I remember reading correctly, the initial rulebook had some issues. Thus during Shadowrift 2nd Edition campaign I avoided adding Archfiends. A corrected edition (where corrections are needed) would be handy and I would purchase it more willingly.
Edit: And if Jeremy decides to tweak original Archfiends (like it seems) even better for a new buyer. I just remembered reading it wouldn't happen, though I kept in my mind it could happen anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Holderman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
Jasnis wrote:

BAG

We'll almost definitely be selling copies of 2nd Ed as a level during Kickstarters for later expansions. Although, be aware that getting your copy that way means waiting for quite a while to get it.
We're going to give players a bit of time to play what they got, and to sell what we printed beyond the KS fulfillment, and then we'll be doing a Kickstarter for another expansion early next year.
Archfiends is designed to work with 2nd Ed unchanged, but like the base game I'm certainly up for sitting down and looking at how to improve it when we're almost done selling the current print run, so the next round of Archfiends printing is an entirely superior product. I have no clue when that'll be, though, because it depends largely on sales figures.

Jeremy--Any idea when retailers will be receiving 2nd edition for those of us fools who missed out on the Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
JHolderman06 wrote:
karishi wrote:
Jasnis wrote:

BAG

Jeremy--Any idea when retailers will be receiving 2nd edition for those of us fools who missed out on the Kickstarter?

Looks like Nov 18th is our expected street date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
Looks like Nov 18th is our expected street date.

I hope those of us still waiting for delivery of our Kickstarter editions will get them before then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.