Subject: Daring Pirate Operative Breaks this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Pinette
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone else noticed that when a player gets the Daring Pirate operative that player ends up running away with the game. Especially two player games.

With there being a couple of fate cards that tell players to take zeppelins out of their discard pile and deck and put them into play, the player with the daring zeppelin can suddenly get a huge amount of resources very quickly.

While the daring pirate puts the cards into the discard pile it doesn't take long for that player to suddenly have a huge influx of resources.

It's very jarring to have most operatives giving you one or maybe two fate cards and then the Daring Pirate which I have seen give 6-10 fate cards at least once a game if not many times more.

Attacking that player's zeppelin's can help but on a good turn of attacks I can usually only destroy two and it's not hard in this game to get Zeppelins back into play.

I have debated just taking it out of the deck to try and stop this run away train from happening.

Thoughts anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played a strong attack strategy against it with Der Blitzman using Das Kraftwerk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to be putting greater emphasis into shooting that opponents zeppelins down, atomic attacks which come in the same expansion should be especially useful for that purpose, however that operative probably is more powerful in the two player game. With more players, it should be fairly difficult to keep enough zeppelins in the air to commonly make that more powerful than most of the operative cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.