Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that the shipment arrived in the US Ron the last Myth update, but has anyone actually received theirs yet? Just curious when to expect it and to hear first impressions if you've opened it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Journeyman boxes arrived yesterday. No Kickstarter stretch goals yet. I haven't been keeping up with the info on this, but I'm guessing there's another wave of shipping for this in the future?

Anyway, first impressions are very positive. Printing on the boards and counters look very good. Minis look good too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great you got your game. How was it shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Atoka
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both mine were just shipped in a fitted generic shipping box either by UPS or USPS I cant recall offhand. They arrived fine. Content and quality looks great.

Also no KS stretch goal stuff either.

EDIT: Had a DHL packing label. Was probably handed off to my local post office for delivery. I never see DHL trucks out in my neck of the woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine showed up. No package protection in the box and the box was overfilled and bent to fit the games. Lots of damage to the boxes. Typical unprofessional performance from this company I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Mine showed up. No package protection in the box and the box was overfilled and bent to fit the games. Lots of damage to the boxes. Typical unprofessional performance from this company I guess.

KSers in general seem to have the poorest shipping quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up looking perfect. They were in a fitted box which to be honest, is perfectly fine most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up today with a box perfectly fitted to the two game boxes. No damage.

I ordered an additional minion pledge in the pledge manager. Any idea if I should expect another box in wave 1 or will they be shipped in wave 2? I picked up someone else's pledge so can't ask on the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
vonfaustus wrote:
Both mine were just shipped in a fitted generic shipping box either by UPS or USPS I cant recall offhand. They arrived fine. Content and quality looks great.

Also no KS stretch goal stuff either.

Mine arrived today. Haven't opened the game boxes, but they look fine. No stretch goals included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Scarbrough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine came in today Toronto Canada, no damage fitted box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
Yeah same here. No prior notification but arrived in fitted box and without damage (at least on the outside of both game boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine yesterday. Same thing, tight fighting box, one of the boxes had a ding in it (looks like another box was tossed onto it and it bent a bit of the box in), but that doesn't bother me so much, as it just stores the minis anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of "Shores of Kanis" and "Blackwall Warrens" arrived yesterday. Mine were also in a single tight fitted box and all exterior dents transferred to the boxes inside. Was shipped via USPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it nobody got a shipping notice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine last night (indianapolis). Everything looked in perfect order after unpacking and opening games. Read the rules this morning and I like the new content!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
I take it nobody got a shipping notice?

I didn't get one. Got my package last night.

The packing was okay, I've had worse. Still, had one semi-smushed box corner. No biggie, though. I can see where some folks might have gotten screwed by it. At every turn, I'm a bit less impressed by how this company does business.

I think, from reading the update today, that lots of folks must be having problems. Some may be due to how the distributors are handling things. But really, MCG should be on top of this.

Which brings me to one final note. I had a headless Oki in my pack. While that maybe could be thematically cool, I'd just as soon get it replaced. I mean, it happens, its a lot of stuff to handle and they are doing the assembly, so you have to expect minor problems here and there.

However, in the update they said that they would like to "handle this stuff all at one time," which I assume means later. They said there would be a future update. That sucks more than just a bit, because people who have damaged/missing stuff aren't necessarily going to get it replaced any time soon. That's not really cool, and its a bit strange. Again, not sure I am 100% behind many of their business decisions. I get that its a lot to handle, but then again its not like it is a surprise that this was a big KS. We've known that for much longer than a year.

Anyway, one more data point there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in Manhattan yet. No shipping notice either, other than the general KS update that the north american copies had gone out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg MN
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine earlier this week. No shipping notice.

One box has a minor ding on an edge - nothing that bothers me enough to seek replacement, though.

I must say - I am pleasantly surprised with the quality and detail of the minis. I was really disappointed with Recon, and worried that there may be continued corner-cutting here. I had no broken minis (the assembly seems even better than it was with the original Myth KS). All components are very nice.

EDIT: grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived Nov 10 in Ohio. No problems with shipping. Everything looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Got my pair -- Blackwall and Shores -- in Tucson on or about earlier this week.

Hey, I had a lot going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.