Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Really excellent game, many thanks! Currently just getting to grips with the base game so not tried the expansion yet. I've not yet tried the solo variant you posted either, but i wondered if there were any recommended updates/changes to the solo rules (either due to the new expansion or just in general having had a couple more years of playing the game under your belt)?

Also have you tried out an A.I. system / automa for solo mode? I thought in the KS you mentioned a solo game as a potential next expansion - would that be along those lines? Apologies if i have that incorrect.

cheers and congratulations on a wonderful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to all of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
Hat-Trick goes online on Tabletopia. PM me if you want a learn, try or play it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I call good timing. Have a look:

What you are seeing here is a new piece of furniture in my house I installed it right after coming back from Essen and it's been with me ever since. This is an ongoing match that I have been playing using an entirely new engine for the solo-play – with no need to make any moves or decisions for the AI, which, this time, is playing itself (unlike the current solo variant here on BGG which I am soon going to renounce).

So far it is looking pretty good but it is just the beginning. Still, I am going to share it with you all, so anyone willing to playtest it might do so. I think within two weeks I should be ready with the first - very basic - draft. Then whoever wishes to participate might try it and provide me with feedback and that - generally - would be my idea for this expansion: doing it with you, guys. I am here, you are here, so why not make the most of this situation. After all, this is for you.

Of course I am starting with the base game to see if the player movement works as this is the foundation on which everything else is built. Only then would I switch to other elements (like Scoring Opp.) and the Players expansion will come at the end.

So anyone wishing to participate, be sure to visit from time to time. And those who want to get the full experience, subscribe to the newsletter at www.htgame.uk, where, among other things, I'll be posting some sort of designer's diaries.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Superb! Many thanks for sharing Patryk. Intrigued as to what all the symbols mean (is that a hammer on red #6? Probably just an arrow) but i guess we'll find out all in good time. Will keep glued to the updates and would love to help out when ready for playtesting. Roll on the next couple of weeks. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oladola oladola
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great !!

If you need any playtester for the soloplay send me a pm !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in for the solo playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - I'm thinking of something that should make the solo playtesting quite entertaining for everyone involved. I won't be contacting you by PM though - instead I'll be posting everything you need in this thread so it might be a good idea to subscribe to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for playtesting, so watching this thread now.
Still watching.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. E.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for playtesting too.

Waiting for advances
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gr8. I'm almost done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven of us already are eagerly waiting for your announcement.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat-Trick's Solo Tournament
Hi guys. Since you have been so kind to declare your willingness to playtest the solo variant, I thought I'll give you a head start and reveal the treat I prepared for all the playtesters.

This weekend I will be posting the rules for the solo variant along with some playthrough videos, all this in an offcial thread. However, I thought that instead of playing matches with no context, we might be playing a tournament along the way - I would just draw the pairs for 1/16 and everyone wishing to participate may pick a match and play it using the solo rules. Later, a person would announce the result on the forum (and perhaps a short match summary, but not necessarily) and the winning team would go through with the loser eliminated. I think this form of playtesting would make the entire process much more interesting.

I have already drawn the pairs for 1/16 (video below) so all you have to do is to announce below which match you'll be playing (so this match will be reserved for you and only you). Then, after I post all the rules and videos, you will have 2-3 days to come back with the result and - if you please - you will be able to choose another match.
The catch - you cannot play a match with the same team in 2 successive rounds.

So here's the video with the pairs for 1/16 and now I'm off to finish watching England vs Scotland (who came up with the idea for those pink kits???)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
URUGUAY vs ARGENTINA for me. I'll be playing URUGUAY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bagsie Germany vs England, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I pick Italy-Japan

Is the solo rules including the expansion or can be played as base game as well? (Or is it irrelevant?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will work with both, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Austria-Switzerland

i guess we play one side or should we let them battle it out on their own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Austria-Switzerland

i guess we play one side or should we let them battle it out on their own?

We play one side. The other is AI-controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David King
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
Great idea. And you already have a better World Cup system than FIFA!

Belgium v Mexico, unless someone else wants it.

I quite like the idea of USA Iceland but I'm sure we have some American friends who want a crack at it (or Iceland fans for that matter)

I never realised until now that the game rhymes with your name surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
Great concept about the tournament, Patryk!
I'd be glad to take the last match, Greece vs Ivory Coast, but I'm away from home and I'll be the whole next week. So, run the tournament and I'll cheer for Greece from the stands. meeple
I'm eagerly waiting for the rules and the players' feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moominov wrote:

Yeah, I miss the good old days of knockout stages only.

Moominov wrote:
I never realised until now that the game rhymes with your name surprise

Me neither Normally, my name is pronounced Put-rik, but so many English speakers were calling me Patrick, that I adopted it myself... and yeah, it rhymes with Hat-Trick which is kinda funny.

stepal wrote:
I'd be glad to take the last match, Greece vs Ivory Coast, but I'm away from home and I'll be the whole next week. So, run the tournament and I'll cheer for Greece from the stands. meeple

No worries, Stefanos. I don't expect the tournament to move so quickly. So there's a pretty big chance that you'll be back in time to play the match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:

No worries, Stefanos. I don't expect the tournament to move so quickly.

I guess it depends on when the solo rules will be available...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moominov wrote:

Although having Germany - England in the first round is pretty rough. Maybe some seeding of thetop teams to avoid that would have been ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David King
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
Benji68 wrote:
Moominov wrote:

Although having Germany - England in the first round is pretty rough. Maybe some seeding of thetop teams to avoid that would have been ok

Germany played England in the last 16 of the World Cup 2010 so it isn't too unrealistic a draw

The English FA Cup uses this unseeded formation, Which means for a club like Man Utd, when they enter in the last 64, they have as much chance of playing Man City as they do playing the lowest ranking team around the 80th in England. It just means you can have exciting clashes every round, anf a few surprises sneaking through.

That said, if this were real football, the standout tie would be Uruguay v Argentina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Hat Trick wrote:

No worries, Stefanos. I don't expect the tournament to move so quickly.

I guess it depends on when the solo rules will be available...whistle

Available for download in the news section at our homepagecool
Tomorrow, I will post here some videos and open an official Solo Tournament/playtesting thread.
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.