Subject: What We Know - Dark and Stormy Night Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mouse_in_pocket [+] [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*cue saxophone*

I'm back from my... ahem... vacation. I'd like to sincerely thank Mr. Pool for keeping things under control while I was "away" (and not at all, as some may believe, hundcuffed to a radiator with nothing to eat but mold). Thankfully, I was rescued by a tall, dark stranger with gams that went on for days and... wait.. that might be the mold talking.

NOIR! All things dark, smoky and detective-y, that's what Legendary has in store for us. So get ready for TONS of jokes about Private Dicks. Or just the one, really.

For all those not aware - Marvel Noir was series of stories Marvel published a couple years back which provided different takes on classic Marvel characters set in a classic film Noir setting. It's worth a read, there's some good stuff in there.

As always - the purpose of this thread is to collate the information we know. Please try and avoid posting conjectures, guesses, hopes, dreams and any other unverified information. There's a dedicated thread for that. Also, please try to avoid any off-topic conversation. Only post in this thread if you have new, sourced information to add - and provide the link to your source.

Finally, if I missed anything - please let me know (and cite your source).

Release Date: February 15, 2017
101 cards
MSRP $19.99
5 new Heroes
2 new Masterminds
2 new Villain groups
4 new Schemes
The first printing will include a promo Bystander - Detective Wolverine
Age rating 14+

New Keywords:
Investigate X - Look at the top 2 cards of your deck*, if one** of them match X (which may be a cost, icon, affiliation, etc.) - you may draw it. Return any cards not drawn to the top and/or bottom of your deck.
* Note: Some cards may specifically instruct you to investigate decks other than your own (Villain, Bystander, Hero). Unless instructed otherwise - you investigate your own deck.
** Note the second: If both cards match X - you only get to draw one of them.

Hidden Witnesses - When a villain, mastermind or scheme captures a Hidden Witness, it captures the top card of the Bystander deck face down. A villain cannot be fought while it has any Hidden Witnesses. A player may pay 2 recruit to rescue a Hidden Witness. Hidden Witnesses count as bystanders for all gameplay purposes (escape, rescue effects, VP, etc.).

Heroes:

1. Spider-Man (Spider-Friends)
2. Iron Man (Avengers)
3. Luke Cage (Marvel Knights)
4. Daredevil (Marvel Knights)
5. Angel (X-Men)

Masterminds:

1. Charles Xavier (Always Leads: X-Men Noir)
2. The Goblin, Underworld Boss (Always Leads: Goblin's Freakshow)

Villain Groups:

1. X-Men Noir (Includes: Hank "Beast" McCoy, Scott "Cyclops" Summers, Bobby "Iceman" Drake, Comrade Rasputin, Jean Grey Noir, Warden Emma Frost, Ororo Monroe)
2. Goblin's Freakshow (Includes: Chameleon, Kraven, Montana, Vulture, Ox, Fancy Dan)

Schemes:
1. Silence the Witnesses
2. Hidden Heart of Darkness
3. Find the Split-Personality Killer
4. Five Families of Crime
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the distributor info, we know the five heroes already. Luke Cage, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Angel, and Daredevil I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't trust solicit info, they've been wrong many, many times before. It's likely those are the 5 heroes we'll get, but until we get something official, I'm keeping it italics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fair, just wasn't included above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated with possible heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schuette
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiderman "Gumshoes Revolver" released on Facebook page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
This is somewhat off-topic, but it's for a good cause so I suspect we'll all approve.

First of all, posting a link to the discussion thread would be wise. Right now that thread is easy to find, but that could change easily.

Second, like our OP made so clear, this is a thread for hard news. Things that aren't confirmed facts, like the speculation as to what the Masterminds would or should be, is for the discussion thread.

For the inevitable moment when something that isn't supposed to be on thread gets posted, please remember that posting "Hey, that's not supposed to be on this thread!" isn't supposed to be on this thread, either. I'd suggest sending a PM to the poster asking him or her to remove it. Were I the offending poster, I would consider it a very sensible request and immediately fulfill it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Box Cover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:

As always - the purpose of this thread is to collate the information we know. Please try and avoid posting conjectures, guesses, hopes, dreams and any other unverified information. There's a dedicated thread for that. Also, please try to avoid any off-topic conversation. Only post in this thread if you have new, sourced information to add - and provide the link to your source.

Tsallak wrote:
This is somewhat off-topic, but it's for a good cause so I suspect we'll all approve.

First of all, posting a link to the discussion thread would be wise. Right now that thread is easy to find, but that could change easily.

Second, like our OP made so clear, this is a thread for hard news. Things that aren't confirmed facts, like the speculation as to what the Masterminds would or should be, is for the discussion thread.

It was requested... Please don't yell at me Itai, I know the rules.

Discussion Thread - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1659870/what-we-want-super-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
too many rules. people need to chill a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

When a thread that people subscribe to so they find out when new info is revealed gets derailed into a 4-page discussion over whether or not Thor should be female - you put up a rule.

Don't spam the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

When a thread that people subscribe to so they find out when new info is revealed gets derailed into a 4-page discussion over whether or not Thor should be female - you put up a rule.

Don't spam the thread.

Just lock the thread so no one can post in it but yourself and then youll be in your own little echo chamber. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the only official source is what Mark Shaunessy posts here or upperdeckblog.com.

Mark, you already showed us the cover, please begin now with spoilering some cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
The previews have begun. What You Will Get - Just the Facts Ma'am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:

OP Updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Don't spam the thread.

aww...thats such a huge inconvenience...having a subscribed thread not do exactly what you want it to. I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hogan
United States
Oswego
New York
flag msg tools
Here is a link with the heroes, who were already known, and a preview of one card for each.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2017/01/legendary-marvel-noir-previ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
New information has been added. What You Will Get - Just the Facts Ma'am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:

Sweet. OP updated with Investigate, Detective Wolverine, Xavier and X-Men Noir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Mark UD OP wrote:

Your description of Investigate needs to be updated to:
Look at the top 2 cards of your deck*, if ONE of those match X (which may be a cost, icon, affiliation, etc.) - you may draw IT. Return any cards not drawn to the top AND/OR bottom of your deck.

You only get to draw one card even if both match the Investigation. Also cards can be broken up between the top and bottom of your deck after the Investigation takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
Mark UD OP wrote:

Your description of Investigate needs to be updated to:
Look at the top 2 cards of your deck*, if ONE of those match X (which may be a cost, icon, affiliation, etc.) - you may draw IT. Return any cards not drawn to the top AND/OR bottom of your deck.

You only get to draw one card even if both match the Investigation. Also cards can be broken up between the top and bottom of your deck after the Investigation takes place.

Updated with a clarification about what happens when both cards match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New update:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2017/02/legendary-marvel-noir-previ...

Hidden Witness keyword and confirmation that The Goblin is the last Mastermind. Scheme reveal and some villains as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
New update:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2017/02/legendary-marvel-noir-previ...

Hidden Witness keyword and confirmation that The Goblin is the last Mastermind. Scheme reveal and some villains as well.

OP updated with Hidden Witness, Goblin & his Freakshow and the Scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule sheet uploaded:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143497/legendary-marvel-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabird wrote:

Sweet. Sadly, not much in the way of new info, only the name of another scheme ("Hidden Heart of Darkness").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.