Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see video of a 2-player game with Grant playing as the Pilgrims or Machines against someone playing the Humans. I've read the strategy guides and understand what I need to do, but the human advantages just seems insurmountable in practice.

The designers of Shadowrun: Crossfire did this last year. Folks were saying it was nearly impossible to win and they said they had an 80% win rate. So, Rob Watkins and Sean McCarthy filmed a game playthrough in which they used some great strategy to pull out a narrow win. It was great and it made me a much better player.

I'd really like to see the same thing here. This game is fantastic at 3 and 4 players, but I just can't see how anyone can beat the humans in a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem here is equipment. I don't have a way to record this, let alone microphones and lighting to make this not garbage. Not to mention editing to make it watchable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could partner with Jon Gets Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
The problem here is equipment. I don't have a way to record this, let alone microphones and lighting to make this not garbage. Not to mention editing to make it watchable.

You could run the game in a discussion thread and let one of the reviewers recreate the moves on video. Rahdo did it with the Shadowrun video. Cry Havoc isn't his cup of tea, but I bet there wouldn't be a lack of folks jumping up and down to do it for you.

I'm sure Rodney would appreciate your showing him how to finally beat Luke...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
You could partner with Jon Gets Games.

We both lead pretty busy lives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

You could run the game in a discussion thread and let one of the reviewers recreate the moves on video. Rahdo did it with the Shadowrun video. Cry Havoc isn't his cup of tea, but I bet there wouldn't be a lack of folks jumping up and down to do it for you.

Sorry. At this time I do not plan to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

, but I understand. Hopefully someone else will pick this up and put something out. I'd really like to see the Pilgrim and Machine strategies play out in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

, but I understand. Hopefully someone else will pick this up and put something out. I'd really like to see the Pilgrim and Machine strategies play out in a game.

It's a matter of time.

I have a day job, 2 hours of daily commute, married, a dog, I'm on these boards trying to answer questions, writing strategy guides, demoing at local stores, and working on new designs (including Aftermath).

I don't make videos and I don't have the equipment/software to do so.

And...I have this naive hope of people playing the game a bit to figure it out.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I just don't have the bandwidth or interest for this sort of thing. I always try to be honest, so...hopefully this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.