Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb

Come join us in a weekend of fun & games
while helping raise money for the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation
at the 2017 Gaming Hoopla at the Holiday Inn, Gurnee, IL!

The Gaming Hoopla is an annual gaming convention that is a fund-raiser for cancer related charities. This year the Gaming Hoopla is again partnering with the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation!

Featuring: Tabletop Boardgaming, Miniatures, Role-Playing Games, Giant & Life-size Board Games, Tournaments, Play-To-Win Events, Forums and Seminars, MilCOG Games Library, and much more!

We also have:
The Best Raffle Ever!, Vendors and Sponsors, A Silent Auction, The Hoopla Math Trade, Play-And-Win, and much more!

Preregistration Admission:
Weekend Pass - $40
Friday Only - $15
Saturday Only - $20
Sunday Only - $15
(Walk in admission an additional $5 per badge)

We are also bringing back Family Day Sunday for 2017. Featuring kid friendly games and events, plus discounted tickets, it's sure to be fun for the whole family!!!

Check out our website for important dates and registration information. You can also keep up to date on Hoopla info by liking us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gaminghoopla/), joining our FB Event (https://www.facebook.com/events/1759313600952368/), and following us @gaminghoopla on Twitter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nabedian
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
All out of bubblegum
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingHoopla wrote:

Check out our website for important dates and registration information.

Just to make it easier for people to register for this great event, here is the link to said website.

I attended my first Hoopla last year and had a fantastic time. Instantly became my favorite midwest convention. I immediately registered for this year and can't wait. Hope to see you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait!

Jay, if you zoom in on the far left of the main image, pretty sure it's Brian while you, Kris and Brian were learning Three Kingdoms Redux.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nabedian
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
All out of bubblegum
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Jay, if you zoom in on the far left of the main image, pretty sure it's Brian while you, Kris and Brian were learning Three Kingdoms Redux.

Could be! Good eyes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Happy New Year everyone!

Pre-registration is open now at:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gaming-hoopla-2017

1. Click on the "Attend" Drop Down Tab.

2. Choose "Get Your Badge"

3. Register and Pay - you are all set and have reserved your spot.

You can pre-order a t-shirt ($15) at checkout as well to guarantee we have your size when you arrive to check in at the Gaming Hoopla. Help us out by pre-ordering the shirt now if you know you want one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
More updates:

EVENT Submission is open now.

All the details are in the thread below.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1704310/2017-gaming-hoo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some registration questions

1) Any way for me to register myself for the weekend and then my wife and kids for Sunday? Or do I need to create separate accounts still?

1a) If yes, how would they sign up for events?

2) I am planning on running Haba games all day Sunday like last year - should I just register it as a single event like last time? Oh, and will we be able to get a separate room for this (or for all kid-focused things) like last year? That worked out really well for that event.

3) I didn't see a way to preorder any shirts for the Family Day registrations. Is there a way to do that? I think having a preorder option to just add a shirt (or multiple shirts) might work better than (or in addition to) the options you have now.

4) I don't see any way to provide t-shirt size in the registration. How do I get you that? Are you just going to contact us to request that info?

5) Are you going to have youth-size shirts at all this year? At least if I were to pre-order them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Charles -

Great questions. I don't have immediate answers, but I will have my other staff members assist me with # 1, 1a, 3, 4, 5. We will have answers shortly as we work through some of the real life examples you and others present to us.

Sent you a Geekmail regarding #2. Let's try and coordinate something - please reply to the geekmail request.

Gaming Hoopla Staff (cm)

motoyugota wrote:

1) Any way for me to register myself for the weekend and then my wife and kids for Sunday? Or do I need to create separate accounts still?

2) I am planning on running Haba games all day Sunday like last year - should I just register it as a single event like last time? Oh, and will we be able to get a separate room for this (or for all kid-focused things) like last year? That worked out really well for that event.

3) I didn't see a way to preorder any shirts for the Family Day registrations. Is there a way to do that? I think having a preorder option to just add a shirt (or multiple shirts) might work better than (or in addition to) the options you have now.

4) I don't see any way to provide t-shirt size in the registration. How do I get you that? Are you just going to contact us to request that info?

5) Are you going to have youth-size shirts at all this year? At least if I were to pre-order them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Hutchins
United States
Harvard
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingHoopla wrote:
More updates:

Form does not have a field for event date, nor game experience required like usual.

Nancy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Hutchins
United States
Harvard
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will I be able to use the open area outside the hall to run floor events again? Dr. Lucky plus a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
nancyhutch wrote:
GamingHoopla wrote:
More updates:

Form does not have a field for event date, nor game experience required like usual.

Nancy

Nancy - you should see a Field Labeled "Preferred Start Time" with a drop down menu from con open at 10AM Friday through 3PM Sunday clearly labeled with hourly start times. Immediately after that is a very drop down with "Alternate Start Time" with the same drop down menu.

I just submitted events from my registered account with a badge as well as a sample account with no badge.

If you do not see these fields, then please submit an email to gaminghoopla at gmail.com with your specific question. In the email let us know what internet browser you are using, if you have registered and bought a badge or not and what type of device you are using so we can troubleshoot things with the website developer.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
nancyhutch wrote:
GamingHoopla wrote:
More updates:

Nancy

True, game experience was one item that we had as a custom field in on our own event grid. Don't recall the discussion about that info - we will get an answer shortly.

Since 80% or more the events at the Hoopla are no or minimal game experience needed, for now, please submit events (assuming you see dates and times) and add what experience level is needed in the "Short Description" field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
nancyhutch wrote:
Will I be able to use the open area outside the hall to run floor events again? Dr. Lucky plus a new one?

In order to make check in smoother we did reorganize the check in area. The area just to the left AND right of the main exterior doors to the convention area will be used for check in - pre-reg onone side and walk up on the other to expedite things.

HOWEVER, I strongly suggest sending an email to gaminghoopla at gmail.com to see where the on site coordinator might have room for larger events and special exceptions. Perhaps the pre-reg area of the larger check in area will be reduced after the initial rush Friday and Saturday AM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear this con is continuing on! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
motoyugota wrote:

motoyugota wrote:

You can purchase all badges under one user account, just remember to change the "Name on Badge" (bottom center, under "Buy this Badge after the site redirects you) field for each person.

motoyugota wrote:

Once event sign up is open (announcements on that coming soon), you will be able to "get" tickets for events for any/all badges purchased under your user account.

motoyugota wrote:

In order for others to get tickets to the events, we prefer that if a game is going to take 2 hours or more, it is created as a separate event. If, however, you have one "HABA Games" 2-hour event that consists of four 30-minute games, you can combine those into the one event and list the games that will be played in the event description.

motoyugota wrote:

There is now! Near the top, click on the "Attend" drop-down, and then click on "Get Merch". You can add T-shirts in adult sizes S-4XL, as well as youth S-L.

motoyugota wrote:

The "badge + t-shirt" badges have a size field on the page that the site will automatically redirect you to after clicking "buy". You can also use the "Get Merch" as explained above.

motoyugota wrote:

Yes, see the "Get Merch" page to order them (recently added).

Let us know if you have any more questions or need any more clarification on the ones above!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
nancyhutch wrote:
GamingHoopla wrote:
More updates:

Nancy

For each event submitted, you will see a drop-down a little below the title and description from which you can pick a preferred start time and an alternate start time.

We've just added a "Gaming Experience" drop-down field also, so that event judges can choose from 4 levels of experience that players signing up should have.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions/issues!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
ackmondual wrote:
Glad to hear this con is continuing on! cool

The plan is to keep it Gurnee and keep the first weekend of April (no conflict with Easter weekend) for at least 2-3 more years.

Save the dates!

April 7-9, 2017

April 6-8, 2018

April 5-7, 2019
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.