Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

Wanted to provide a quick update on how we're dealing with the Canadian shipping cost issues.

Quick Backstory: When the game launched, we were utilizing an API through iParcel that tabulated shipping costs - including taxes and duties - for players. This is an extremely common practice as, at the point of sale, both parties need to understand how much it will cost to ship the game. There appears to have been some cost discrepancies that were coming up for customers that were quickly updated by the second shipment.

The duties and taxes were being processed incorrectly for all Canadian orders of Wave 1 Shipment #1. Even with the same destination, it calculated higher costs for orders in shipment #1 than in shipment #2. Obviously not ideal.

Rather than have you guys work on this individually, Riot's been working closely with the good folks over at iParcel to get this resolved as quickly as we can. There were quite a few affected orders, though, so it's taking longer than we'd prefer to get this sorted.

What we're doing:

For any order that was affected by this glitch, Riot will be paying your duty fees and taxes in full.

The refunds will need to be done manually, so barring anything unexpected, I expect all affected orders to be refunded by the end of next week at the latest.

Keep in mind, as far as we can tell, this only affects orders to Canada that were placed on Thursday, October 13th. But for those players that were affected, we will be compensating you - not just for the difference of what the price should have accurately been - but for any and all duties or taxes that you paid.

We take discrepancies in any costs very seriously at Riot - even when it's a matter of only a couple of bucks - and we wanted our response to speak clearly to that.

Hit us up if you have any questions, but I believe the process of refunding money to the affected orders has already begun.

-Chris
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eve
Canada
Toronto
On
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to stay on touch Chris, that's really nice!

Now we have a few bucks to buy skins. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am highly appreciative.

As you are refunding above and beyond, I will pay it forward and donate my entire refund to the Sickkids Hospital Foundation charity in Toronto.

Thank you,

Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are a really stand up guy! Very pleased with this resolution. Instead of the beer promised to Canadian customers, we can now afford to buy our own as the refunded amount in American dollars is equivalent to a few very nice pints.

Considering that others are giving this to charity, I'm feeling a bit like a lowlife for spending mine on beer.

In all seriousness, I won't hesitate to do business with Riot again. Hope you guys and gals continue to develop board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Daneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
really appreciate
that refund will very nice from you and all the money saved will be put on additional future expansions from you guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Above and beyond!

I'll be following Mr Suitcase's suggestion. It's times like these that make me appreciate being part of this community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We're all individuals
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
We play to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is fantastic news!
Thanks to Riot for doing this.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We're all individuals
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
We play to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Holy crap that's beyond good service now, I'm half left speechless. If I signed out as a guest, using PayPal, as a Canadian owner of Wave 1 Shipping 1 from Oct 13, am I in this list?

Again, that's beyond my expectation, and I'm beyond impressed with RIOT at this point, and very thankful.

+1 to the above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
If I signed out as a guest, using PayPal, as a Canadian owner of Wave 1 Shipping 1 from Oct 13, am I in this list?

Yup. You will be on that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Many thanks! The service from Riot is unbelievable! Offering a great game at a super price, reducing the high shipping costs, and now this... I am a very satified customer even before receiving the game!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Chris, we all know mistakes happen. To me, the difference between good and bad companies has a lot to do with how mistakes are handled.

Riot not only took ownership of the issue, even though the mistake was actually done by iParcel, you committed to get it resolved and have now resolved it beyond our expectations. You have demonstrated the difference between a good company and a great company.

You've set the bar high. I really hope Riot keeps making boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Dias
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! You guys are amazing.

There are many great companies in boardgaming, and Riot, even though it's a newcomer, really is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew kirby
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would like to add my thanks. It was a solution beyond what I thought may happen. Very pleasant surprise. Thank you so much Riot Games. I am now playing LOL, due to how enjoyable my experience with the Mvm has been. I get the the hype too. Great games. Great company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to Chris and Riot!! Refunding the extra is unnecessary but also very appreciated! This experience was my introduction to you guys, and I think even more highly of you because of the way you've handled fixing everything that didn't go the way you wanted, than I would have if everything had gone smoothly. All the best to you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bedard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow!!! Thank you for taking care of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think a better solution could be asked for - thanks Riot for owning this issue positively from the start, providing regular updates and working a solution that shows you cared.

I'll remember this for our future dealings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Holy crap that's beyond good service now, I'm half left speechless. If I signed out as a guest, using PayPal, as a Canadian owner of Wave 1 Shipping 1 from Oct 13, am I in this list?

Again, that's beyond my expectation, and I'm beyond impressed with RIOT at this point, and very thankful.

Heeeyyyy weren't you the guy trying to cancel it last week cool whistle

Good thing you held on eh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks alot. Riot is da bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That truly is beyond what any of us expected.

Once the refund appears in my PayPal account I'll donate it onto the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund which I believe would be appropriate as it was his glowing review that made me order the game in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
US player here, but this is amazing.... had to say thanks, even though it doesn't affect me, this is an amazing CS response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Sdao
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not one to usually post on forums but I just wanted to say thank you for the work that's been put into sorting this out. I've always believed it would get worked out and here's the proof. I'm very much looking forward to receiving my copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Daneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my friend from Canada got $24 back from Riot for the duty/taxes which is very nice. hes very happy from you guys
i guess i'll get it this week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin levy
msg tools
Thank you Riot! I would gladly pay what I did to get the game into my eager hands, but I appreciate the gesture! Is this why my package has been "in transit" since last week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
robinlevy wrote:
Is this why my package has been "in transit" since last week?

Nope, completely unrelated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moundhy Joseph
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got my refund. Wow you guys are awesome. Thank you Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.