Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed over here that mine will ship this week.....haven't heard anything from Boardlandia yet. Anyone else getting indications that preordered Scythe is on its way?

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody has it yet. I got word from my distribution broker over the weekend that they're not going to ship it to distributors until sometime this week, so retailers won't get it until next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Jamey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winship
Canada
flag msg tools
Pre-Ordered it from http://www.starlitcitadel.com and got the following email from them when inquiring about how much stock they are getting in.

We are hoping to have enough stock for all preorders on the first shipment, however there is no way for us to know exactly how many we're getting until the games actually ship to us from all of our distributors. In the event that we are not able to fulfill all pre-orders on the first shipment, we will contact everybody who will be affected by the shortage.

I am 51 on the list so hopefully I make the cut!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Nobody has it yet. I got word from my distribution broker over the weekend that they're not going to ship it to distributors until sometime this week, so retailers won't get it until next week.

Is this also true for the european Versions? What's the state of those? On your homepage it still says 20th of October. I'm a bit concerned, since I don't find any info at your distributor, Morning Players, anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthias: Can you let me know where you see the date listed as October 20? I don't see that on our homepage. The 20th of October is when we received the latest printing, but it takes a few days to ship to distributors. Shipping to a distributor in the EU will take much longer than shipping to a distributor in the US.

Morning Players is not a distributor we currently work with. However, they were our production partner for the second print run of Scythe (German and French versions), so feel free to contact them to see if they have any copies remaining: https://morning.us/

Otherwise, we're shipping a bunch of copies of Scythe and Scythe accessories to two big European distributors, Esdevium and Enigma, directly from China. They should arrive in late November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Matthias: Can you let me know where you see the date listed as October 20? I don't see that on our homepage.

It seems the 20th as a concrete day was edited, but it says "Those versions will be released in the following languages: [...] German (Morning Players): October 2016" (http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/)

But I'm not so much interested in an exact release date, just wanted to know if we can expect a localized version of the game in Germany anytime soon. Already preordered, just waiting for it to arrive. If the english version is available much earlier, I'll consider to switch to that version.

Thanks for the answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias: Yes, I clarified the date on the Buy page (I don't think the date was ever on the homepage, hence my confusion).

As for the localized version, that's a good question for Morning Players. They made a German version, but I don't know if they still have any copies. If they still have copies, it's available right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Cadieux
msg tools
Pre-ordered from Starlit Citadel with Tuscany EE because retail release stated August so I thought that was when it coming out. This is the first game I pre-ordered to be honest and I'm fairly new to the hobby.

Expecting a child any day now but was hoping to get it to the table before child was born. Won't have much time to game after the baby for quite a while. Glad it's solo so I'll at least get to try it out when it get's here.

Jamey I hope you don't take this post the wrong way. I love Viticulture the theme really works for my area. I live in wine country in the Okanagan Region of BC, Canada. I am also super excited for Charterstone.

I'm not blaming you guys at all. This was all my fault for being too eager and not fully understanding how this all works. You do amazing work. I love how transparent and open you are with us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher: I'm sorry about the confusion. My original projection for retailers was that they would receive it sometime between September 15 and October 15 (I'm not sure where August came from).

Babies sleep a lot, so maybe you'll have some extra time to play Tuscany EE during naptime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Speyer
msg tools
mbmb
I preordered the german version @ fantasywelt.de and until last week they said,bthe game would be ready for delivery on the 20th of october. Now on their homepage it's said that they are waiting for the new shipping date to be declared by the producing company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin: I think I may have confused retailers a bit by giving them the October 20 date. That's the date the games were due to arrive in our warehouse in St. Louis (which was accurate--we were actually a few days early). But those games weren't sent to distributors until this week, so a retailer in Germany won't get the games for another few weeks at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Otherwise, we're shipping a bunch of copies of Scythe and Scythe accessories to two big European distributors, Esdevium and Enigma, directly from China. They should arrive in late November.

Actually, Morning Players got some copies of the English edition - slightly ahead of Esdevium - and we now have some stock in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl de-Boorder
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Actually, Morning Players got some copies of the English edition - slightly ahead of Esdevium - and we now have some stock in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up! Bought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Cleveland
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an update from Bordlandia:
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Since my last update, I estimated that your games would ship out this month. It appears that it will now be early November. One distributor is preparing our order and will be sending it out to us soon. I am hoping to hear from the distributor that told us October as they have not received their games in yet. Greater than Games has received in copies and will be shipping some quantities to us and I believe they will be shipping direct to distributors as well.

So what does this mean? Half of you will receive your copy of Scythe a little bit earlier than the rest of you. I will be shipping out again in the order that your order was placed. Sorry that we were unable to meet the October timeframe as we had hoped. If Greater than Games has their copies, it won't be long for our distributors.

You will receive tracking information from us once this ships to you. If you need to hold your order due to vacation or want to tack on something else, let us know and we can help adjust your oder.

Cheers!
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkjohns1 wrote:
Here is an update from Bordlandia:
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Since my last update, I estimated that your games would ship out this month. It appears that it will now be early November. One distributor is preparing our order and will be sending it out to us soon. I am hoping to hear from the distributor that told us October as they have not received their games in yet. Greater than Games has received in copies and will be shipping some quantities to us and I believe they will be shipping direct to distributors as well.

So what does this mean? Half of you will receive your copy of Scythe a little bit earlier than the rest of you. I will be shipping out again in the order that your order was placed. Sorry that we were unable to meet the October timeframe as we had hoped. If Greater than Games has their copies, it won't be long for our distributors.

You will receive tracking information from us once this ships to you. If you need to hold your order due to vacation or want to tack on something else, let us know and we can help adjust your oder.

Cheers!
Tim

Oh no, if I read between the lines, Boradlandia is only getting a portion of the copies they sold on preorder for Oct/Nov and haven't heard when they are getting the others. I hope I'm reading that wrong. I was one of the last to preorder the Oct/Nov batch, so that would mean bad news for me getting a copy soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
9 HIGH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now i sit with all the promos and dials from MeepleSource and the Upgraded Resources from Stonemaier. And an email from my retail store that I pre-ordered from saying they might not get their quota. Here's hoping they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoolio wrote:
So now i sit with all the promos and dials from MeepleSource and the Upgraded Resources from Stonemaier. And an email from my retail store that I pre-ordered from saying they might not get their quota. Here's hoping they do.

Similar boat; I've just had the Board Extension for the last 2 months. When I saw preorder counts at least -40 everywhere, I figured I'd hold off on preordering and wait to see if any North American retailers have any extra stock after the smoke clears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping notice from MM for the Tuscany EE, which I ordered in June, but nothing from Funagain for Scythe yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ensalaco
United States
Lisle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, same on Funagain. I've been checking periodically to see (preordered back in Sept). Their site still says "expected availability Oct 2016"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
9 HIGH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Periodically? I check hourly!! I am starting to regret leaving Tuscany EE at store, until Scythe comes in, to pickup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winship
Canada
flag msg tools
win7463 wrote:
Pre-Ordered it from http://www.starlitcitadel.com and got the following email from them when inquiring about how much stock they are getting in.

We are hoping to have enough stock for all preorders on the first shipment, however there is no way for us to know exactly how many we're getting until the games actually ship to us from all of our distributors. In the event that we are not able to fulfill all pre-orders on the first shipment, we will contact everybody who will be affected by the shortage.

I am 51 on the list so hopefully I make the cut!

Update from Friday when I inquired if they knew when they were getting it and how many copies.

Hi Jason,

Not yet. We will likely get our shipment notification from our distributors next week at which time we will know how many copies we are getting and will notify anyone who may be getting a copy in the first wave. 

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to let you know that i got my german pre-order. But the game is out of stock again now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Cleveland
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another update from Bordlandia:

Quote:
Hello again!

If I indicated to you that your copy of Scythe would be in by October, this message is for you. Our Wave 1 (October customers) will be shipping out to you next week!

Look for your tracking info.

Cheers!
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Just got mine in Toronto from 401 Games!
Annoyed that I can't play it until Sunday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.