Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spithead Games
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
So if a player makes an illegal placement and everyone misses it until end game scoring what do you do?
As far as I can see there's no penalty or mention in rules if someone does it either by mistake or deliberately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you know who the culprit is I would eliminate them.

If not, just play around it as best you can, what else can you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
So if a player makes an illegal placement and everyone misses it until end game scoring what do you do?
As far as I can see there's no penalty or mention in rules if someone does it either by mistake or deliberately.

You could remove the misplaced tile (and any meeple on it).

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:

From the last page of the rules:

"If an offending tile is found only during final scoring, it is too late to correct the mistake. Complete scoring normally, including the offending tile."

and

"When a player places a terrain tile incorrectly, first apply the rules mentioned above. In addition, the offending player loses a prophet which is permanently removed from the game. If a prophet was on the offending tile, that prophet is the one that is removed from the game"

So the tile remains and any prophet on the tile is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
szchifo wrote:

From the last page of the rules:

"If an offending tile is found only during final scoring, it is too late to correct the mistake. Complete scoring normally, including the offending tile."

and

"When a player places a terrain tile incorrectly, first apply the rules mentioned above. In addition, the offending player loses a prophet which is permanently removed from the game. If a prophet was on the offending tile, that prophet is the one that is removed from the game"

So the tile remains and any prophet on the tile is removed.

So as you can see from this post, trying to cheat voluntarily can cost you much !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.