Subject: Card taken but tower not occupied -> pay 3 coins? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico W.
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you need to pay 3 coins when the tower is not really occupied, but a card has already been taken through use of the captain, hero or architect?

Another question regarding the similar card "patron"; do you have to pay the 3 coins for immediately taking another card from the same tower? (According to the English rules I would say: Yes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N2xU wrote:
Do you need to pay 3 coins when the tower is not really occupied, but a card has already been taken through use of the captain, hero or architect?
Another question regarding the similar card "patron"; do you have to pay the 3 coins for immediately taking another card from the same tower? (According to the English rules I would say: Yes.)

According to the English rules, p.7: "If the Tower is occupied (there are one or more Family Members, yours or of other players) already present in the same tower where you want to place your Family Member, you have to pay 3 coins to the supply before placing it. (...)"

So, in my humble opinion: if there is totally no other Family Member (yours or of other players), but a card was taken away (by the play of the captain, hero or architect), then you don't have to pay the 'penalty' of 3 coins (the penalty probably is: a valuable card is gone!).

Also for the Leaders - according to the English rules, p.12: "Leader Actions. During their turn in the Action Phase, players have the possibility to perform one or more special actions, without placing a Family Member. (...)"

So, in my humble opinion: because you don't place a Family Member for the activation of the Leaders, you don't need to pay the 3 coins if there is another Family Member (yours or of other players) already present in the tower (where you take a card by activating your Leader).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginio Gigli
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
"Do you need to pay 3 coins when the tower is not really occupied, but a card has already been taken through use of the captain, hero or architect?"

--No, you must pay 3 coins only if at least a family member has been already placed on the tower.

"Another question regarding the similar card "patron"; do you have to pay the 3 coins for immediately taking another card from the same tower? (According to the English rules I would say: Yes.)"

Yes, you must pay 3 coins if you take a card from the same tower where you have just placed your family member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico W.
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VirginioAcchittocca wrote:
"Do you need to pay 3 coins when the tower is not really occupied, but a card has already been taken through use of the captain, hero or architect?"

--No, you must pay 3 coins only if at least a family member has been already placed on the tower.

"Another question regarding the similar card "patron"; do you have to pay the 3 coins for immediately taking another card from the same tower? (According to the English rules I would say: Yes.)"

Yes, you must pay 3 coins if you take a card from the same tower where you have just placed your family member.

Thank you very much for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.